Pub Crawler/Commuter- Mtbr.com
    Hoops - Big and Small

Pub Crawler/Commuter

I'm trying to shrink my carbon footprint, so I bought a Lil Bastard - now I've got to get out and ride the damn thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Gotta love that! For really pub crawling I'd throw a basket, Hopey steering dampener and a set of training wheels on it!
    Did you change saddles between photos?

mtbr member
    A "Hopey steering dampener" is a very good idea. I wish I'd thought of that.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

just a man
    I love it! Calling it "lil Bass" for fun....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Great looking bike. One of my favorite Felt cruisers. Where did you get it?

mtbr member
    how about handlebar streamers!!!!!
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

Hoops - Big and Small

Rollin like James Dean

The bike is an e-bay find, it's actually new old stock (05), if you can call a complete bike NOS.

Bob's on fairview has the Felt cruiser line, and I was going to get the V12 (very similar) from Bob's, but this thing showed up on e-bay.

I saved maybe 50 bucks going internet - but the cool thing about this older model it that it comes with fenders front and rear and 3.0 x 24 wheels waaaay cool, the tires are called Thick Bricks.

The saddle deal is, I photochopped the color red/black to see which one I would like - the color is actually pink because the color has faded, hence the two year old bike.

So I already have a bad case of upgrade itis, I replaced the seatpost (dual crescent wrench adjust type) to a zero offset micro adjust 6000 Al series seatpost.

So if you see me cruisin downtown and I'm makin a fool of myself don't blame me it's the bike I swear, It's a Little Bastard.

Here's a pic of the current street racer model the V12.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Here are some shots of Alan Foster tearing it up on a Felt Vintage Iron at Sheep Hills.
    Enjoy

Hoops - Big and Small
    That is so frickin great, Thanks for posting!

Do you know if the cranks on this Vintage Iron are an aftermarket BMX crank?

I wonder how much abuse these frames can take? Alan's probably pretty smooth though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    This was a photo shoot. This was a one time deal. The cranks are stock, actually the whole bike is stock out of the box. The bike came back in great shape, nothing broke or bent. But remember this is not a BMX bike and yes Alan is pretty smooth. Don't try this at home. Here is another photo.

mtbr member
    Awesome pics- just goes to show everything old is new again. Gotta love the kickstand too!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I knew that was Sheep Hills right away - I'm from Orange County. Those shots are awesome!

Hoops - Big and Small
    Alan has upped the anti for cruisin - my group hits up some stunts before gettin liquored up. Usually jump a few curbs scream down some parking garages all stuff you get told by the security guards to just go away, nothing to crazy. I did ride an escalator after drinking major fopa.

Your photo's have inspired me, next time we roll we'll have to scare the kids at the local skate park and embarrass ourselves trying to flow the bowls and pipes on our cruisers.

Fun stuff, thanks for the great shots!

Members who have read this thread: 0