Props to Kens!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Props to Kens!

mtbr member

Props to Kens!

So, I just had to take a second to rave, even though I am sure we all have stories both good and bad about particular bike shops in town.

Yesterday I went to Kens to pick up some new tires for JJ's roadbike. I have a couple Specialized tires that went bad. 1 had actually blown through the tread, the other had developed a bubble which I assume was going to blow at some point. So, I just asked if they had heard of any manufacturing issues or recalls with Specialized tires. I was told no, but, if I wanted to bring in the suspect tires, they would see about warranty.

So, I did take them back a couple hours later, expecting them to go to Specialized, have them think about it, and in a few weeks or months find out whether I get new tires.

INSTEAD, Ken hooked me up with 2 brand new ones out of his inventory, and said " I will take care of the return".

Good customer service seems to be a real rare thing these days, and GREAT service almost impossible to find. Nice to see that it is out there though.

Thanks Ken!!!

mtbr member
    Ken's always takes care of me. I never go to any other shop beside Ken's.
    You may pass me on the uphill, but on the downhill, my gravity kicks in!

mtbr member
    I also have nothing but good to say about Ken and his crew. Just recently i brought my Enduro SL in to have the shock looked at and it seems that i took too big of a drop and blew it out and needed it to be rebuilt or replaced. But instead Ken swapped out my shock for a brand new on he had for himself and charged a fraction of the real cost(basically cost to install it). This bike was not bought from ken and he was not obligated to do anything for me. But, that to me is real customer service and i will be buying my next bike from him guaranteed.

Big thanks to Ken and Eric!!

Members who have read this thread: 0