post removed?- Mtbr.com

Thread: post removed?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

post removed?

hmm. ok. after reading visicypher's sticky, i'm confused. my post about a trail just west of bogus basin rd was removed. i did see 1 response that said the trail was on private property but was ok for bikes.

so what's the problem? is the trail really not ok to ride? if so, wouldn't it be wise to let me know? i can understand not promoting illegal activity, but it seems to me that it should be ok to ask, and find out if something is illegal or not.

or is that too american?
    mark weaver
    kuna, id

mtbr member

Velo, you live in Idaho

We don't have a democracy in Idaho, it is one land under Bush and his hypocritical neo-religious right.
    1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
    2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
    - hypocrite adjective

We do not celebrate freedom of choice here, we celebrate freedom of "stay the hell out of my business" here. That is why we have the worst health care, roads, and education in the country!

So, unless you want men in dark sunglasses knocking on your door, don't ask questions concerning this "trail"!
    People here are very protective of their "secret" trail systems. Truth be told, all you need is a couple of extra hours from time to time and a sense of adventure and you can find/link most of the Bogus trail system together, even the unnamed ones!
    BoiseBoy

Barneys Unite!

Very strange indeed . . .

that has to be one of the most non-secret secret trails around.

TF

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiseBoy
    We don't have a democracy in Idaho, it is one land under Bush and his hypocritical neo-religious right.
    - hypocrite adjective

We do not celebrate freedom of choice here, we celebrate freedom of "stay the hell out of my business" here. That is why we have the worst health care, roads, and education in the country!

So, unless you want men in dark sunglasses knocking on your door, don't ask questions concerning this "trail"!
    People here are very protective of their "secret" trail systems. Truth be told, all you need is a couple of extra hours from time to time and a sense of adventure and you can find/link most of the Bogus trail system together, even the unnamed ones!
    BoiseBoy I respectfully disagree with a lot of what you have to say about the status of Idaho, but that's ok it's America so share your views.

With regard to "secret trails" (that everyone knows about - and especially those on private lands that we ride openly and notoriously), I agree with you (especially after last week's thread hissyfit about "the trail" and what the "correct name is"). I think it's best not to discuss them on any forums lest we lose access for good.

b4x

p.s. Your view about our educational system being the worst in the country (if you're referring to public schools)is definitely misinformed. The public school system in California is much worse - I know from recent first-hand experience....

RIDE ON, KIDS

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiseBoy
    - hypocrite adjective

Whoa there Bubba. There's some cryptic inside jokes in them words.

To velospians, the trail you are refering to is on private property and legally requires trespassing to enter despite its notoriety.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    The original post and answer seemed legit to me. Something bad must have happened in later posts.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member

B4x

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    BoiseBoy I respectfully disagree with a lot of what you have to say about the status of Idaho, but that's ok it's America so share your views.

With regard to "secret trails" (that everyone knows about - and especially those on private lands that we ride openly and notoriously), I agree with you (especially after last week's thread hissyfit about "the trail" and what the "correct name is"). I think it's best not to discuss them on any forums lest we lose access for good.

b4x

p.s. Your view about our educational system being the worst in the country (if you're referring to public schools)is definitely misinformed. The public school system in California is much worse - I know from recent first-hand experience....

RIDE ON, KIDS
    I respect your opinions, however, I come from Minnesota where we had higher taxes, but we also anually rank at the top for roads, education, health care/moratlity and quality of life. It is much different in Idaho where people want better, but don't want to pay for it. Idaho is a very "NIMBY" state (Not In My Back Yard). Boise needs a wider road for traffic, but don't build it in fromt of my house! There is a sense of posession here that I have not seen anywhere else in this nation. Stay off MY property, don't tell me I can't smoke... There is also a sense of the same when it comes to some trails and different individuals. I have ridden with very few on this board and am not pointing any individual out as I only know a few personally, but I have ridden with others and know many of the trails that are considered to be "secret code".
    Just for the record, I chose to mover to Boise because I love the city, the people, and the mountain biking even though there are significant cultural/religious/political differances. I think the recreational oppertunuties far out weigh many of the other factors and I intend to spend a long time in our fine community.

My original post was more on the lines of humor than anything else.
    The disappearance of the thread seemed more "conspirecy theorist" to me especially considering the past thread that was shrouded in secresy and code!

Nothing more than that is worth arguing about, peace out!
    BoiseBoy

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    it's all clear to me now. there's enough totally legit trails around here that i have no need or desire to ride anything non-legit.

as far as the political situation, it seems to me like boise is a bastion of weak vegetarian liberal hippie thought in the middle of an otherwise fairly conservative west. i'm getting pretty annoyed with all the people that just moved here from california and want to make idaho just like california.
    mark weaver
    kuna, id

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Post Deleted Due To Request From The Middle.
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 07-31-2007 at 09:37 PM.

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I respectfully offer that for some strange reason the vibe, posts, and attitude on the Idaho board seem strangely different than what I see and read on any other board. This is not the case with all posters, but just a few, who appear to be ruining it for all others.

Also, offhand, I was starting a ride the other day with a few individuals and we were riding down to Eastside, we parked above it. Ian was coming back and stopped at the entrance to eastside to chat with me. One of the individuals I was with in pariticular made rude comments regarding what Ian said about the freeride trail in that post. I needed to clarifiy to that individual that Ian was only pointing out that, if folks wanted an eaiser trail, parallel to the freeride trail, that he would not build it and that they would need to build it themselves.

Bottom line. I can be friends with folks who say things I disagree with. In other words, you don't have to drink the cool aid someone mixes in order to be their friend; however, "some" folks only choose to be friends with others if the others drink the cool aid.
    Good one Daryl. You and I are proof that we don't have to agree on many topics (politics, religion, and COFFEE :-) ) to be friends.

Mark: I agree with the first part of what you said, however not all of us from California moved here to convert it into Northeastern Cali. I do not want ID to become Cali. There are some great aspects of living there, I miss those. However the quality of life here in ID is better and I'd personally like to see it continue that way.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Post Deleted Due To Request From The Right.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Here's a interesting coincidence.

Barneys Unite!

Perfect!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by velosapiens
    i'm getting pretty annoyed with all the people that just moved here from california and want to make idaho just like california.
    I'm not sure you can blame the Californians for the changes, when native Idahoans are intent on converting the valley into sprawling suburbia. The American Dream of owning your own 4,000 sq. ft. house on a 1/4 acre lot, and getting "more house for less money," are what's chaning/ruining the valley. I don't believe that thse traits are unique to California.

And if you mean that outsiders are bringing in alternative view points that are not "low taxes for poor services," then maybe that's a good thing - you get what you pay for. A sense of community is being willing to help your neighbor when he needs it; even if you don't know your neighbor.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    What Terry, you or Dirk do not agree with what I said? why? Like I said, that is perfectly fine - but you should elaborate on why you disagree with someone rather than being cryptic, dontchya think?

Barneys Unite!
    I agree with you. The "perfect" refers to Twisteds' picture post, which I find truly amusing.

TF

mtbr member
    May 2004

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Mark: I agree with the first part of what you said, however not all of us from California moved here to convert it into Northeastern Cali. I do not want ID to become Cali. There are some great aspects of living there, I miss those. However the quality of life here in ID is better and I'd personally like to see it continue that way.
    yeah, i wouldn't want to smear everyone from cali, just the dirty liberal vegetarian potsmoking hippies. lol.

seriously, along with rural nevada, and southern germany, i spent considerable time in norcal. it's a nice place except for all the subaru-drivers.

someone up there made a good point about the sprawl. obviously that's a local political problem, not a cali problem. i think most of the cali transplants would be happy to see some kind of rational planning process to prevent the treasure valley from turning into orange county.
    mark weaver
    kuna, id

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    The material environment, in which we are now living, is called maya, or illusion. Maya means "that which is not". And what is this illusion?

The illusion is that we are all trying to be lords of material nature, while actually we are under the grip of her stringent laws. When a servant artificially tries to imitate the all-powerful master, this is called illusion. In this polluted concept of life, we are all trying to exploit the resources of material nature, but actually we are becoming more and more entangled in her complexities.

Therefore, although we are engaged in a hard struggle to conquer nature, we are ever more dependent on her.

Fecking hippies. Earth muffins. Fruit rollups. Candyassed dirt worshippers. Liberal humanists. Godless communists. Religious zealots. I hate every last one of 'em.
    Last edited by TwistedCrank; 07-31-2007 at 01:25 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Post Deleted Due To Request From The Middle.
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 07-31-2007 at 09:38 PM.

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Fecking hippies. Earth muffins. Fruit rollups. Candyassed dirt worshippers. Liberal humanists. Godless communists. Religious zealots. I hate every last one of 'em.
    But I'm sure you really like Ray Wylie Hubbard! He is the Man!
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    May 2004

Yep

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I liked the movies: Days of Thunder and Top Gun and Eyes Wide Shut and A Few Good Men and really liked War of the Worlds
    Top Gun is actually a story of a man coming to terms with his own homosexuality. See http://youtube.com/watch?v=ekXxi9IKZ...elated&search=

mtbr member
    May 2004

That's probably inaccurate

You really should look at some statistics and data before making blanket assumptions you can't back up. The least of which is tying in vegetarianism (or healthy eating in general), with anything negative. Did you ever stop to think that maybe people eat healthy because their Fathers or Grandfathers had heart disease and they want to do whatever they can to avoid something genetic like that so they can stay active as long as possible?

I could go on and totally go off on you but will leave it at that.
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 07-31-2007 at 09:07 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 07-31-2007 at 09:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Daryl, your post reminds me of a song by Johnny Cash...

<i>There once was a musical troupe
    A pickin' singin' folk group
    They sang the mountain ballads
    And the folk songs of our land

They were long on musical ability
    Folks thought they would go far
    But political incompatibility led to their downfall

Well, the one on the right was on the left
    And the one in the middle was on the right
    And the one on the left was in the middle
    And the guy in the rear was a Methodist</i>

(not sure if there's any real point to it all, but Johnny Cash is cool)

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    heh heh. caught me a little fishy. here fishy fishy!
    mark weaver
    kuna, id

May 2007

It is what it is

Some trail need to be talked about so we can keep them and some should not be talked about so we do not losse them. Land owner may not mind if you ride on their trails but don't want to see them advertised. Some unoffical trails on public property will be ignored by the land managers if they are not publisized. Now the real chalenge is to now what trail is what.

Members who have read this thread: 0