Post Falls, ID --live there or not?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

No good Post Falls, ID --live there or not?

If you were an aging hippie who loves to ride bikes, would you relocate to Post Falls for a new job in the Software Industry?

mtbr member
    Where do you live now? (for comparison)

I'm on the other end of the state, but the CD'A area seems nice when I visit.
    Last edited by laffeaux; 01-04-2007 at 09:39 AM.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    The riding is certianly there- both MTB and road. If you want to be in a small city next to a medium size city and already have the job lined up you'll probably like it. If you don't have a job lined up or if you like big city life you probably won't like it.

Don't worry, be happy!
    What does being an aging hippie have to do with it? (hey I resemble that remark) Does that mean the local political climate, whether we have a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, a place to buy Birkenstocks or what?

Lacticacid head
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazedHam
    If you were an aging hippie who loves to ride bikes, would you relocate to Post Falls for a new job in the Software Industry?
    Join up with the "heads" as I am an aging Hippie and live about 12 miles north of Post Falls in Redrum Id. There is quite a bit of riding in the area, from paved to Epic Peak bagging if ya know where to look. I personally love the riding here.

CT
    www.lacticacidheads.com
    drop in, spin a spell~
    happy trails~

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazedHam
    My aging parents live there, and we love visiting them for the riding, the lakes, proximity to everything. But the town itself doesn't seem to have much personality, as it is cut in two by the freeway, and seems disjointed, but that's just my opinion, of course.

Area's beautiful, cost of living still relatively low, etc.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Lacticacid head
    I would agree, on the town itself ( Post Falls) but along with the freeway,, it is cut down the middle with a bike path too Not to difficult in bike commuting in to PF if you live in CDA, Hayden, Redrum, Liberty Lake, WA ( avoid Idaho state taxes) etc. Cbro, let us know when ya head up this way.
    www.lacticacidheads.com
    drop in, spin a spell~
    happy trails~

mtbr member

It's a TRAP!!!

Don't listen to them, GlazedHam!
    It's a trap!

The air is polluted,
    the drivers are filled with rage,
    the trails are non-existent,
    the weather is so foul- if there were a place to ride, there would only be about 4 ride-able days per year to do so.
    The cost of living is outragous,
    and the current fashion trend is "metro-sexual".
    The freeway splits the town in half to provide a physical boundary between the warring dissidents and conformists!

I'm only saying this for your own good.

Wait... I can't do it. That's my normal response to people, but the truth is- with all the people moving up here, what we DO need is more mountain bikers moving up here!
    WARNING: Content in the following link has not been approved for children under the age of 60:

http://rekibnikufesin.blogspot.com

Members who have read this thread: 0