Platform pedals- Mtbr.com

Thread: Platform pedals

let freedom ring!

Platform pedals

I'm thinking about trying platform pedals out. Anyone have an old set I could try out on my bike so I can make an educated decision before purchasing? I was looking at the pedals that Transition sales or Crank Brothers 50/50 X Pedals. But I dont even know if I will like them yet. Any thoughts or advice on this is welcome.
    My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

just a man
    Warren,

You'll like them for Rock Islands, etc. I've been running flats for the past month or so and like them more all the time. They're obviously not as good for a lot of climbing. Check out:

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/131...=20&zmap=13100

or

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/147...=20&zmap=14780

Did you stick with those Tiogas?

Aug 2004
    Going along with the Wellgo theme....I rock B27's on the Yeti when I go to Brundage or Tam. The pins are replaceable (I've already lost like half a dozen). A very wide platform. Combine that with a sticky soled shoe and they are like clipless. I'm looking at getting some 5.10 Impacts when I get some spare $.

EDIT

Uhhhh well since I can't ride cuz it hurts....I can pop off my pedals and loan 'em to ya' for a couple of days. Can you come by the store tomorrow sometime between 6-9pm? Just come back to the shoe department and ask one of the salespeople to get me from the back.
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 09-11-2006 at 01:08 PM.

just a man
    Those FiveTen Impacts are great (I have the low-tops). Sticky!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

I'll let you borrow a pair of NYC freeride Lite pedals

Quote Originally Posted by Get Lost
    I'm thinking about trying platform pedals out. Anyone have an old set I could try out on my bike so I can make an educated decision before purchasing? I was looking at the pedals that Transition sales or Crank Brothers 50/50 X Pedals. But I dont even know if I will like them yet. Any thoughts or advice on this is welcome.
    Nice pedals. click here to see them. If you wnat to give them a go PM me.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Since you have never tried them, I would suggest you run knee/shin guards....

Otherwise, you will have shinburger. As demonstrated by the aptly named Brooklyn Machineworks pedal

http://www.brooklynmachineworks.com/parts_pedals.htm
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

just a man
    I second Visi's recommendation on the shinguards. Although a chesse-grated shin would make for good conversation on this board. As long as it's not my shin, of course.

Aug 2004
    Warren came by the store last night to borrow my Wellgos and when I rode with him at Rock Island the other week he was rockin' the shinguards.

Members who have read this thread: 0