Picked up my new Ride- Mtbr.com
    Wandervans

Picked up my new Ride

Got my new ride yesterday minus the rock shox reverb seatpost which was dead on arrival. Hopefully the shop will get it all fixed up soon.

This is my first Cannondale and I am hoping for the best. First ride is tonight after everything freezes. Rear Travel is adjustable from 90 to 150 and the color looks better in person.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picked up my new Ride-img_3947.jpg  

Picked up my new Ride-img_3948.jpg  

Picked up my new Ride-img_3950.jpg  

Picked up my new Ride-img_3951.jpg  

Picked up my new Ride-img_3952.jpg  

Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I love my genuis, the travel settings do live up to the hype. Wish it had a little slacker steering, but it climbs like a goat. Took it on a roadtrip out east and it was perfect.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    o-m-g...that is the COOLEST name for a wheelset I ever saw. the seat is too trick.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Do those reflectors also look better in person . Silly Smiley, remove those before putting pictures up on the interwebs. Not sure if I am into the complication of the rear shock but hope it works well for you.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Holy 1985 neon green, Batman! You need to wear some pink argyle socks and pop your collar when you ride that thing.

Just kidding, of course. You're too young to remember the 80's. And, like the bike. It looks squooshy and boingy. Heading to pick up a new build today myself. Unfortunately, it has no reflectors.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Holy 1985 neon green, Batman! You need to wear some pink argyle socks and pop your collar when you ride that thing.

Just kidding, of course. You're too young to remember the 80's. And, like the bike. It looks squooshy and boingy. Heading to pick up a new build today myself. Unfortunately, it has no reflectors.

Funny thing is that those who are chronoligically "too young to remember the 80's" are totally into the 80's now...not sure why cuzz the 70's and 90's were just so much better for everything, especially style and music! The 80's shoud have gone away with A-ha, ABC, and Simply Red.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    the 80's gave us metallica though. no better music out there.

the adjustable travel on the rear wheel will be a very nice feature. I use it all the time with my ransom.

Wandervans
    I call it Kawasaki green, I may need to make a trip down to the motorcycle shop to pick up a matching green outfit!

The bike shops needs a reflector collection bin.

I looked at the genius and heard it was a more of a XC bike. From my initial riding this bike seems like it will fit me well and the type of riding I want to do.
    Live to ride!
    16 Diamond Back DB8

wandervans.com

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    FlLTH!
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Damn. No reflectors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picked up my new Ride-img_2164.jpg  

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    U N S A F E

beer is good
    Hardtail?? 26er?? Earthpig on a freeride hardtail?? Never thought I'd see the day!
    Better get a bash guard and flats or your going to get laughed right out of the jump park
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

Wandervans
    Damn. No reflectors.
    Is that a chameleon? How long can you leave it on the ground before you can't see it anymore?

Still had those reflectors on for todays ride going out to the garage to take them off.
    Live to ride!
    16 Diamond Back DB8

wandervans.com

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    Is that a chameleon? How long can you leave it on the ground before you can't see it anymore?

Still had those reflectors on for todays ride going out to the garage to take them off.
    SmilyCook will forever be known as "The guy with the reflectors". Too bad he didn't get the Fairy Fisher.

As for the Earthpig, he's a platinum be a member of the "Bike of the Month Club".

mtbr member
    Smiley- I was just checking out the review of the Cannondale in BIKE. Sounds like a winner.

EP- Hardtail? Triple ring? Fox fork? Computer? Atac pedals? Retro.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Smiley gots me beat in the "cool new bike" department. Seriously nice bike. That's what you can get if you're NOT in the bike o' the month club. SC, where did you ride? I was tied close to home this weekend and only was able to venture on Hulls (which was good on Friday but had some mud on Saturday.)

Me, I blow all my pennies on the next shiny object. You should see my collection of stripper poles. All very shiny.
    Last edited by Earthpig; 02-07-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    EP- Hardtail? Triple ring? Fox fork? Computer? Atac pedals? Retro.
    I love hardtails. What's wrong with hardtails? I have a bike with 5.75" inches of rear travel. A hardtail with 6.5" of front travel is the logical bike to park next to it.

Triple ring. It was in the Pig Part Pen. And, I like to go fast downhill. Triples are nice for those fast, sweeper downhills in Boise. Too easy to spin out of the middle ring when you're going 30+mph.

Fork. What's wrong with a 2010 Talas 36 FIT with a 20mm thru axle? That's retro? Is it retro because 15mm thru axles are the new standard shiny part? Retro because it's not a 2011 Talas?

Computer. Not. Garmin gee pee ess. GPS is retro? Missed that memo.

ATACs. It's what was in the Pig Part Pen. And what's for breakfast. Pedals are one of those few components that I don't replace until I have to. One of my sets of ATACs are circa 1997 and still going strong. Highly retro.

Wandervans
    Smiley gots me beat in the "cool new bike" department. Seriously nice bike. That's what you can get if you're NOT in the bike o' the month club. SC, where did you ride? I was tied close to home this weekend and only was able to venture on Hulls (which was good on Friday but had some mud on Saturday.)

Me, I blow all my pennies on the next shiny object. You should see my collection of stripper poles. All very shiny.
    I hit up the owyhees on Saturday and did an out and back on Hulls on Sunday. If you want to head out next weekend just let me know and I will keep you in the loop.

Hulls was in great shape. I talked with someone who mention how clean my bike was as I looked at all the mud on there ride. The freeway must have takin a beating this weekend.
    Live to ride!
    16 Diamond Back DB8

wandervans.com

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Brett M. did an extended foothills ride yesterday AM and reported decently firm conditions. (But, it did get down to 28 on Saturday night/Sunday AM.) I will be in town and, if Bogus stays like Ice Planet Hoth, I'll be up for a good ride, even Owyhees style. Just ordered a Kind Shock post for the Chameleon, so I will need an excuse to use my shiny new bit.

mtbr member
    I love hardtails. What's wrong with hardtails?
    Nothing wrong with any of it- just giving you a hard time. It looks like one of my bikes, but way nicer. I missed the 20mm TA Talas- I wish I had one. My current frankenbike is an Atomlab steel DJ HT with an older QR Talas and SS because I didn't have a rear D in the box o shite.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    they should use that catapult on the border.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    Nothing wrong with any of it- just giving you a hard time. It looks like one of my bikes, but way nicer. I missed the 20mm TA Talas- I wish I had one. My current frankenbike is an Atomlab steel DJ HT with an older QR Talas and SS because I didn't have a rear D in the box o shite.
    After putting on the Kind Shock and taking it out for a few rides, I can say that the Chameleon rips. Really stiff and heavy - heavier than my 575 - but it climbs really well and with the fork out at 160 (and the saddle down) its as fun as the 575 on the downhills. The downside is that now I may have to put a Kind Shock post on the 575....

That's my review and I'm sticking with it.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Fking hilarious. Twisted Crank where do you find this stuff?
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

Braille Riding Instructor
    Jan 2008
    I'm sure he shot that from his own back porch right after he donated a fingertip to one of his bikes.

(Actually, there's a URL stamp at the bottom left of the vid.)

Members who have read this thread: 0