PHOTOS - 2006 Montana Downhill Challenge at Bitterroot Resort- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

PHOTOS - 2006 Montana Downhill Challenge at Bitterroot Resort

Thought everyone might want to check out some photos I shot at the Downhill Race at Bitterroot Resort in Montana last weekend.

All of the other shots can be viewed here

Cheesiest
    THanks for the shots. I couldn't make the race, but not because I didn't want to go.

mtbr member
    cool pics. the XC race the next day was fun, although needed more single track. are you coming to Helena to shoot photos this weekend? It is the XC state champ Montana Off Road Series.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Not going to make it to Helena but it does sound like fun. I live right down the road from Bitterroot Resort so that is why I shot the pictures there. I should have made it back for the cross country race the next day as I have a friend from work that raced. Good luck today in Helena.

mtbr member
    Are there other trails on the ski mountain. I use to always love to ride up there. We would go up the Morman Creek road and ride up the Lolo Peak trailhead and then come down the old jeep trail. It was about 4 miles of uphill and then about 18miles of DH. It was a long shuttle but fun. There were a few other trails on the other side that were super fun to.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Those rides sound great. I've been up to the top of the existing ski runs a few times and their are some trails that I can see I'm just not positive about where they end up. It appears that you can all the up Carlton Ridge and access Lolo Peak from that side. I've heard about the shuttle ride from Mormon Creek Rd that you are talking about but do not know anyone that has done it and knows the specifics. It sounds really fun. I do a short ride where I park by the gate on Mill Creek Rd and ride up the logging road and back doen the single track that is either trail 1310 or trail 309 to Lolo Peak. That is fun but short. Since I live close to that area I'm interested in all of the possible rides in the area.

mtbr member
    Get a map and I can point you to some nice, Epic, all day trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Cool Great, I have a map of the area and also live in Lolo so I'm pretty familiar with the area.

Salad Days
    cool pictures, it looks as dusty as it felt. . . Do you know who the guy taking pictures at the last jump was? He should have a nice sequence of me trying not to hit him and running into a tree during the qualifying run.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker164
    cool pictures, it looks as dusty as it felt. . . Do you know who the guy taking pictures at the last jump was? He should have a nice sequence of me trying not to hit him and running into a tree during the qualifying run.

Glad you liked the pics. I spoke to that guy for several minutes before the staging runs started but am not sure who he is. Definitely dusty that day.

Members who have read this thread: 0