Passing thru MT, ID, WA and OR- Mtbr.com

May 2005

Passing thru MT, ID, WA and OR

Hey fellow riders, going to be passing thru on my way to Portland and looking for a ride or two along the way and see if any one is available to be a tour guide.

Leaving Rapid City, SD on 9/6 and plan on arriving in Bozeman the same day. I'm assuming it may be late in the day, but would love to try and ride either Wed evening in Bozeman or early Thurs (9/7) morning.

Not if I will get a chance to ride in ID on the way thru or not. Will be traveling on I-90 thru Spokane and off on 395 and eventually on to Portland.

Trying to see if I should try and ride in Coeur d'Alene or jump across the border to Spokane for ride #2. Once again, would like to either ride either Thurs evening or Friday AM.

I have a couple rides planned in the Portland Area and if you can pass on the LBS in the area that I can contact it would be appreciated!

Thanks and keep rolling along!

Don't worry, be happy!
    how much time do you have? There are some really fun rides back in the mtns off the Kingston exit in Idaho ( E of CDA) but in CDA proper you'll be limited to Canfield Mtn.
    rides in question listed here:

http://www.fttrc.org/rides/cdariver.cfm Lost Creek is what I'm thinking of

In Spokane proper, Riverside State park is about 5 minutes off the freeway, offering about 70 miles of single and double track.

I'd offer to give a tour of Riverside but my spouse is having surgery on Friday.

May 2005
    As of right now I should have plenty of time to ride. I'm guessing 3 hours or so. I'm going to have to leave it to the locals to inform me on where the best riding and day light will also be a factor.

Thanks

May 2006
    You can ride the Rattlesnake Recreation Area in Missoula as you'll be passing Zoo Town on your way westbound. You'll find nice singletrack (for Montana..does not compare to places like B.C.) and some good views of the valley. After you're done riding, take a dip in the river and head onward to Portland! Good stuff.

May 2005
    Stopped in Bozeman and to smokey. Same thing in Missoula. Got behind schedule in and a quick rain shower in outside of CLA and decided to press on to Portland.

May be out to visit in the future and will always have bike on board.

Thanks

Don't worry, be happy!
    Not riding could be a good decision. The air quality in Spokane right now is "moderate" to "unhealthy for sensitve groups" and indoor exercise is recommended. Bleah.

Members who have read this thread: 0