Paging Ian and Patrick- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Paging Ian and Patrick

what say If I come to the next meeting we bring up the idea of building several little booters on the less-travled trails? I was thinking Shanes and Goat or whatever that connector is and maybe some on Hard Guy?

we can build them to the side or something so anybody can go around them if they want?

Just a thought, not trying to cause any trouble here but some flowing jumps on the fast maybe wider sections would add a lot of fun................. you guys is the experts
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

TERVOR THE GREAT
    How big are you thinking? Something like a 2 foot tall kicker maybe 12-15 feet back from the start of a downhill seems like it'd be optimum for on trail jumping...

Sounds like a good idea to me...
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah like that, 2 or 3 or 4 feet or bigger with the right takeoff and landing. I was watching The Collective and Moreland was hitting these sweet jumps on a high speed trail, they weren't even that big, and was just sailing

mtbr member
    I like that idea. If you've been on super g at tamarack, you would see something similiar to what you are proposing. The alternate routes with small doubles or gaps would be sweet on a trail like hard-guy, which doesn't see much beginner traffic anyway. I'd be willing to put in some labor if something like that got through Swimba.
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor
    Either ive got a lot of mud on my tire, or i'm hauling Kenne's ego

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    Jah....Good luck with that....

And the reason Morland was going so far, is because he is about Canada's best Dh'r riding on Crab Apple Hits at Whistler in that shot. Good luck trying to get that type of speed for any type of jump anywhere off of the side of a trail in the foothills. And the jumps are bigger than you think. They're just not 6' tall and kickers- just 3' tall and senders. Once you know the difference you might have a better chance at building them.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    yeah I really like that footage - so much flow. I do think I know the difference even though I have not built them. Kickers are for arc landings on the backside of another jump whereas senders are getting lots of distance and landing either on somewhat flat or slightly downhill landings. Is that corrrect?

I think we could build something really cool in the foothills, and with all the speed you get on the foothills singletracks or doubletracks you don't think you could sail?

liver abuser
    "...building several little booters on the less-travled trails? I was thinking Shanes and Goat or whatever that connector is and maybe some on Hard Guy?"

Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    LOL, Speedy. Breathe through it my brother...think good thoughts.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I didn't mean illegally! let's ask RtoR to start talks about a new trail. That's what I am suggesting.

Members who have read this thread: 0