Owyhees- Mtbr.com

Thread: Owyhees

mtbr member
    May 2004

Owyhees

It's pretty warm!

the cam shows most of the snow has melted off and with the next couple of days forecast to be sunny I'll probably be heading out there. If the trails are good tomorrow it will probably be good the rest of the week too.

I got a short road ride in yesterday from my place on 15th up hill, Seamans Gulch to Old Hill, throught the cemetary and back down via Hill Road Pkwy. Water and sand over the backside. The full carbon road bike is smooth and fast
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

just a man
    Sounds fun! So - instead of the Dirtbag you got the roadie? Tell us about it! Pics?

Hoops - Big and Small

Good time of year for base training

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    It's pretty warm!

the cam shows most of the snow has melted off and with the next couple of days forecast to be sunny I'll probably be heading out there. If the trails are good tomorrow it will probably be good the rest of the week too.
    Just spin and build up your fitness!

Do the "short" road loop again and take a look at what gears your mashing and build a workout routine around your "short" effort.

Take a day and try and push two gears higher - another day spin higher cadence with minimal wattage output and recover.

Hi!!!
    If anyone is heading out Saturday, please provide us less fortunate with a trail report. I'll be schlepping away at the store AGAIN that day for the Garage Sale . I'll probably try to head out to Wilson Creek mid/late Sunday afternoon.

*cough*
    REI Super Clearance Sale in February (additional 50% off anything that ends in $.83)
    *cough*

Hoops - Big and Small

Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    *cough*
    REI Super Clearance Sale in February (additional 50% off anything that ends in $.83)
    *cough*
    Can you put an .83 tag on one of these for me? I need one!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I got a short road ride in yesterday from my place on 15th up hill, Seamans Gulch to Old Hill, throught the cemetary and back down via Hill Road Pkwy. Water and sand over the backside. The full carbon road bike is smooth and fast
    What time were you out there? I did the same loop, but added a bit after the cemetary, starting around 1:30. And it was pretty mucky out there - my road bike looks it's been on the trails.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Rocks Rock

Fri. 12/29/06

I'd like to head out to Wilson Creek some time in the morning on Friday. If your interested in going let me know, I can pick you up when your ready to leave. Got room for three more people and bikes.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    about 2:30. yeah my bike looks like that too

mtbr member
    May 2004

Let's do it

Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    I'd like to head out to Wilson Creek some time in the morning on Friday. If your interested in going let me know, I can pick you up when your ready to leave. Got room for three more people and bikes.
    Hey Dave,

Nels and I rode out there today (Thursday) and it is good, except for one short section-the bottom of the road up to Bingos.

Let us know when and where to meet in the morning

dk

Rocks Rock

Alritey

Hey Dave,

Nels and I rode out there today (Thursday) and it is good, except for one short section-the bottom of the road up to Bingos.

Let us know when and where to meet in the morning

dk
    See ya'll at the Bogus Shuttle parking lot (on 15th, I think that's where it is) at 9am.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Sounds good, I'll let Nels know and thanks for coming over here to the N. End!
    If any vehicles are to be parked we'll have to park on the street since they changed the actual park n' ride to 30th and Main, but parking on Jefferson or wherever is fine!

Nels calling you in the am
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 12-28-2006 at 07:24 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Eric,

thanks for the call and message today inviting me to road ride with ya! I hope you had a good ride

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Aw, shucks. I'm still stuck here in Ol Virginny with the fam until late Saturday. I did get an invite to do a 20 mile loop ride on singletrack in Richmond this morning, but I would have been riding in shirt sleeves, Chucks, jeans, in below-freezing weather and on a 20 year old borrowed bike. Oh yes, and there was that pesky hangover too. I need to pull a flip or Impy and build a cheapo bike to keep out here to ride when I come home to see the family. That said, it has been 60 degrees and sunny almost every day out here and I did get in 9 holes today in shirt sleeves and have run over 6 miles every day except today. If life gives you lemons, I say - make malt lemonade!!

Can't wait to get home and get back on the bikes!!!

Rocks Rock
    Another thought EP is to ship one from the stable ahead of time... UPS about $35 ea way.

The ride was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve knows the trails out there real good. When ever I take Dean out there it turns into an exploration half the time. We had some mares and colts hang out about 30 yards from us for at least 5 minutes... usually they want to get about 100 yards away as soon as they see you. We decided to see how the weather was a little higher up and we did some hike a bike up on wild horse trial. We took a break at the rocks just over the summit of wild horse. We dropped in to the lunch spot on Northwest passage (I believe it is) and we had some damn cold fingers. Dayrl and I learned that you should make sure your fingers are as warm as posible before you start the desent. A couple years ago I was with Irshbuda and came upon the little tech wedge after the side hill for the first time. Cleaned it no problem sight unseen. No problem with it several times after that. Then one time I ripped a tubeless tire on it and it has been a problem ever since then. It took me three times to make it yesterday. But I think I'm good to go on that one now. We got down across Wilson Creek and we wanted to avoid the mud on Wilson Creek Rd so Steve found and alternate route to the top of Bingo. (We just skirted the side hill below WC Rd. on a double track.) Bingo was a little soft, but a blast. Dayrl rode the steep lose trail down into Reynolds Creek. (Awesome Dude) We did the China wall and headed back to the rig. I am looking forward to a couple rides out there with Steve next week. Anyone else got some time off work next week?
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah awesome ride with Dave and Steve. Steve you were riding fast down Wildhorse leaving tracks for us to follow, and Dave, you were cleaning a lot of technical rock climbs smoothly!

And to emphasize the part about warming the hands and fingers before a cold descent - I've never felt anything more painful than that of burning-cold fingertips, so it was like heaven to get them warmed up again and ride across the canyon which felt like summer compared to coming down Wildhorse!
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 12-30-2006 at 10:51 AM.

gringo-fied facsimiles

good job big D....

That was one of my fav sections, I just love that tech stuff.....georgezilla and I are maybe going sunday....hope to get visi out with us. Very glad you guys had a good , safe time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.bradwaltonphoto.com
    "you slow whitted rectal beltch" -sp

let freedom ring!
    I am off Monday morning, I would be up to a ride..
    My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

mtbr member

Rei

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    If anyone is heading out Saturday, please provide us less fortunate with a trail report. I'll be schlepping away at the store AGAIN that day for the Garage Sale . I'll probably try to head out to Wilson Creek mid/late Sunday afternoon.

*cough*
    *cough*

Hey Nick, I was just at REI and had asked a gal about the .83 sale and she had no clue.
    Is EVERYTHING that is .83 inside the store 50% off, or is it only the items left over from the garage sale?
    Can you reply or give me a PM

Thanks
    BoiseBoy

Hi!!!
    If I'm awake tomorrow afternoon....I'm heading out to Wilson Creek. Probably only ride for an hour or so since I'm effin' tired from this whole damn month. Guess I should start getting my stuff ready for tomorrow eh?

Quote Originally Posted by BoiseBoy
    Hey Nick, I was just at REI and had asked a gal about the .83 sale and she had no clue.
    Is EVERYTHING that is .83 inside the store 50% off, or is it only the items left over from the garage sale?
    Can you reply or give me a PM

Thanks
    Hopefully this won't get confusing....

The Super Clearance Sale (ie the 50% off anything with an $.83) isn't UNTIL FEBRUARY. NO Garage Sale items will be part of that. We *should* have a pretty good selection for the Super Clearance Sale. My advice to anyone interested in that stuff...do it online first thing Friday morning. Don't forget to check REI-Outlet.com as well.

Hint....if you start perusing both sites several days before....you *could* get a good idea of what will be up for grabs during the Super Clearance Sale.

There is a clearance sale next month, but it's not THE Super Clearance Sale. It's just a regular sale to start getting rid of winter stuff.

Garage Sale today was insane. Apologies to anyone here that I may have yelled at or belittled earlier today.

Nick
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Members who have read this thread: 0