Owyhee Twentynine-O- Mtbr.com
    TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Owyhee Twentynine-O

Book him, Danno. Murder one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Elvis sightings in Blue Owyhee.
    Last edited by TwistedCrank; 11-19-2006 at 05:16 PM.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Mele Kalikimaka

beer is good
    Hey, Twist
    Thanks for the pix and comments, always a chuckle.
    Excellent ride in the 2-0 today!
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Had a friend break his finger falling off that rock edge a few years ago. He turned to look at a bird or unicorn and off he went. Then he walked his bike out until no rocks were in sight. Needless to say he was a big wigged by his sudden right turn.

Hi!!!
    Was it at all windy out there???

Man here in my trailer park in the 2C, I lost some of my aluminum siding off my damn trailer cuz the wind was blowing hard since last night. Got into Boise late this afternoon and was suprised at how calm it was. If I woulda known that, I woulda brought my bike instead of going to the gym.

On Thursday I plan on riding out there probably in the afternoon if anyone is interested. I haven't ridden in some of the places you guys rode today, so I'm all up for doing some exploring. I'm slow as **** though.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Are you kidding about the trailer thing?
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    What kind of mileage are you guys putting in on these weekend rides?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Was it at all windy out there???

Man here in my trailer park in the 2C, I lost some of my aluminum siding off my damn trailer cuz the wind was blowing hard since last night. Got into Boise late this afternoon and was suprised at how calm it was. If I woulda known that, I woulda brought my bike instead of going to the gym.

On Thursday I plan on riding out there probably in the afternoon if anyone is interested. I haven't ridden in some of the places you guys rode today, so I'm all up for doing some exploring. I'm slow as **** though.
    What time are you planning on riding? I may be up for that.

Hi!!!
    As of right now, I don't have a set time in mind, but I'm thinking somewhere between noon-3pm. Also depends on the weather. Sorry for the uncertainty at the moment. Just look for the yellow Ford Escape at the first parking area on your left after the road turns to dirt. More than likely I'll post my start time on Thursday.

You get your Nomad yet?

beer is good
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    What kind of mileage are you guys putting in on these weekend rides?
    According to twisted's comp. this day we did nearly 18 miles, in about 3.5 hours.

These rides can easily be made longer or shorter.

and yes Nick, it was very windy!
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    As of right now, I don't have a set time in mind, but I'm thinking somewhere between noon-3pm. Also depends on the weather. Sorry for the uncertainty at the moment. Just look for the yellow Ford Escape at the first parking area on your left after the road turns to dirt. More than likely I'll post my start time on Thursday.

You get your Nomad yet?
    I am not real familiar with the area. What area are you parking at? I have ridden Moto there but never MTB. I think I usually parked at the Wilson Creek area. Is that right?

I actually got an Intense Uzzi. Rode the Nomad while I was in LA but it just did not feel right to me. I think, for me at least, the Uzzi will be a more versatile bike. Seems to pedal real well and it is wicked fast and stable on the DH and rough stuff. Have not had enough time to really dial it in yet, but so far so good.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimi1114
    I am not real familiar with the area. What area are you parking at? I have ridden Moto there but never MTB. I think I usually parked at the Wilson Creek area. Is that right?
    You know how Wilson splits off...to the left it goes to the feedlot and to the right it soon turns to dirt. As soon as it turns to dirt, you pass over one of those big steel grates across the road. Shortly after that to your left is the first parking area and that is where I normally park and that's where I should be on Thursday if everything pans out. Just further up the road on the right hand side is a much bigger parking area and I think that is where impdude's ride started from several weekends ago.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    You know how Wilson splits off...to the left it goes to the feedlot and to the right it soon turns to dirt. As soon as it turns to dirt, you pass over one of those big steel grates across the road. Shortly after that to your left is the first parking area and that is where I normally park and that's where I should be on Thursday if everything pans out. Just further up the road on the right hand side is a much bigger parking area and I think that is where impdude's ride started from several weekends ago.
    I'll find it. Typically I would go by the feedlot to the large parking area on the right hand side. Can't remember how it splits off but it sounds pretty simple. Just so I am sure, the Wilson turn off is pretty much right after you go over the river and is marked by an ORV type of sign indicating it is a riding area.

Let me know if you change your mind as I will plan on heading out there. I have never ridden on the trails with a mtb so I will count on you leading the way. Hopefully the weather holds.

Members who have read this thread: 0