Owhyees this Sat/Sun- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Owhyees this Sat/Sun

Does anybody know how much water we got out that way? I'm thinking this might be a good option for next weekend if the foothills are still soaked later this week.

If anyone wants to go out there either day, I'm up for it. I need someone to email me or PM me directions out there as I may have forgotten the shortcut to avoid going through downtown Nampa......

Starting to get Jonesing to ride............

Hi!!!
    I'm assuming you are talking about riding out at Wilson Creek right?

Out here in western 2C (20 mins from Wilson Creek), we got rained on the past couple of days, but nothing that I think would ruin a ride at Wilson Creek. As of right now it looks like the Marsing area is suppose to receive some showers on Saturday with nothing on Sunday.

I haven't ridden there since last month so it would be nice if alot of that sand and dust got packed down and more rideable.

With regards to getting there without going down 12th Avenue in Nampa...please keep in mind that the cluster**** known as the Karcher Road/New interchange/Nampa-Caldwell Blvd. construction can be a royal PITA especially on weekend afternoons. It's one lane in all directions and you can go through several light cycles before getting through. Plus you still have to deal with the traffic from the sugar beet offramp though the boulevard and then onto Karcher/Hwy. 55.

Your best bet is still to go down Garrity and then down 12th to get to Wilson Creek. IMNSHO it's a wash going either way for right now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Skip all that; take the backroads and come out on Belmont. Make left and head to the ride. Incredibly quicker than going through Nampa.

mtbr member

another option

if you are coming in on the freeway you can also take the garrity exit. turn left at the first light that puts you on to happy valley then turn right on locust. That way you avoid town and get to play at that fun roundabout.
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

Hi!!!
    Hey Swede ---

What the heck are they building there right off the interstate at Garrity? Like a new shopping center or something? Jeez...can that interchange handle all that traffic? It certainly can't during rush hour .
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    What the heck are they building there right off the interstate at Garrity? Like a new shopping center or something? Jeez...can that interchange handle all that traffic? It certainly can't during rush hour .
    It sucks that the Emus had to be kcked out.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

roar
    That place was called "For the Birds" My college drawing class went out there a few times to draw birds. In my opinion, the living conditions left something to be desired. And, they are building a JC Penny. I think its cool that there is now just about everything (shopping wise) in Nampa that there is in Boise. I HOPE this deters people from making less than necessarry trips to Boise to shop, thus cutting down on emissions a little.
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

Hi!!!
    Didn't the Dept. of Ag close them down before?

Any 2C oldtimers out there like myself? Before the Towne Square opened, Karcher Mall actually was a decent place to shop...Bon, the theaters, JcPenney's, Ralph's Toys & Hobbies, a damn Buttrey's!!! Now that place has really gone down the shitter. Now you pull into the Towne Square parking lot and you see it full of us 2C'ers wanting a "more sophisticated" shopping experience.

I tell you what though...that new Nampa Target KICKS ASS as well as the new Costco and the new WalFart!!!

-----------

Daryl...if you are heading out like late Sat. or Sun. afternoon (like after 4 or 4:30pm), let me know. We'd probably need lights.

Cell: six nine seven eight five four four

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Not only that but Brittany and K-Fed are pffft. It's a sad day in America. A sad day indeed.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    i got a chance!!!!
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Rocks Rock

Sat. 11/11

Dean, SageRash (maybe) and I are planning on going out here Sat. Daryl, you can go south on Meridian Rd. to Kuna. Take a left on Swan Falls Rd., then just after you cross the tracks take a right on Shortline. You will bend around to the right and come to a T in the road, take a left, this is Avalon and it will turn in to Kuna Rd. Go west to Southside and take a left. Go south to Melba Rd. and take a right, that will take you out to Hyway 45 where you take a left and go to the river. You will know where your at by then.
    We are planning on a long ride, bring food.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Dave,

cool deal and thanks for the direction. What time?

Rocks Rock

Sat. 11/11

We will be getting to Wilson Creek, first parking lot on your right past the feed lot, about 9:30. We will be leaving from Columbia Village by 8:30 if you want a ride.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Hello, I am fairly new to the area, and would like to ride wilson creek, seeing that it is closer to home, but am unsure how to get there. I read Daves directions, but am unsure where to go from 45. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks, Jarrod

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Dave, I didn't know I might be going this Saturday.

Count me as in.

I wanna see some horses. Hopefully we'll have a herd of 60 stampede right in front of us again.

If I remember right it was exactly a year ago that we did our Owhyee/Danskin double header.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod7219
    Hello, I am fairly new to the area, and would like to ride wilson creek, seeing that it is closer to home, but am unsure how to get there. I read Daves directions, but am unsure where to go from 45. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks, Jarrod
    You are in Caldwell right?

Your best bet is to take 55 out to Marsing. When you round the bend in town with US Bank on the right, shortly after that you will see Snake River Mart not too far ahead. Take a left there...that's 45 (there is a sign that points this out).

From there it's about 10-15 mins or so. You'll eventually pass by Givens Hot Springs and it's not too far after that. There is a BLM sign that says "Wilson Creek Road" that takes off to the right off of 45. Across from the entrance is a tiny volunteer fire department building. The start of Wilson Creek is flanked by a couple of houses...one of them being like a really light blue or maybe gray or white.

The road is paved for a couple of miles. You'll see a huge feedlot on your left. The road goes from paved to dirt. Once it turns to dirt you will pass by a small parking area on your left and then shortly after that a much bigger one on your right and I think that is where impdude is starting the ride. There is a fun singletrack that comes down and ends at that parking area.

Rocks Rock

The best way to get elected is to miss the meeting on election night.

Quote Originally Posted by SageRash
    Dave, I didn't know I might be going this Saturday.

Count me as in.

I wanna see some horses. Hopefully we'll have a herd of 60 stampede right in front of us again.

If I remember right it was exactly a year ago that we did our Owhyee/Danskin double header.
    Hey Brian, Dean and I were talking Mon. and Dean said he was going to ask you if you wanted to go. We also figgered you could bring all the food, drinks and drive too. Just kidding. I'll be driving. So I guess I'll be at your house about 8:20am.
    Am I being kind?

Rocks Rock

You are correct Sir.

BS is right about the parking lot. So who ever wants to go, show up at the parking lot about 9:30 and we'll pedal up the hill ASAP.
    I haven't been riding much, so the pace will be slow. We should see some interesting stuff. It's awesome out there.
    Am I being kind?

Hi!!!
    Just an FYI...according to both NOAA and TWC, the Marsing area on Saturday is expecting showers from the morning into mid-afternoon.

If the Weather Gods smile upon everyone and my late morning is free...how long do you guys plan on riding? Are you guys planning on going up into Reynolds? Maybe I'll run into you guys.

Nick
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 11-10-2006 at 08:53 AM.

Rocks Rock
    Nick, We are hoping the rain stays on the Marsing side of the river. We will be leaving by about 4PM. We will go up on Northwest Passage or above it and come down Bingo or Wilson Creek. Ifin the trails that we rode last year are not closed now. We'll keep an eye out for you.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member

rain rain go away

At 7:30 it is raining out here in Nampa
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

Hi!!!
    Nearly 9am and it's been raining lightly off and on out here in western 2C and I'm assuming Marsing and beyond. I *think* they should be OK. Definately not the most fun biking conditions, but it sure beats sitting on the laptop at 9am telling people about the weather!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the directions, along with the weather updates belayslave; so I think I will wait till later in the day, or sunday to try and ride. Hope everyone has/had a good ride. Jarrod

Rocks Rock

Dean and I had a blast.

I am sorry to inform yall that you missed an awesome ride. It was sprinkling very slightly on the early part of the ride. It is still very sandy and lose out there. Not enough moisture to get the dirt wet.
    We rode up toward NW Passage but got distracted by some horses and followed them. We ended up going down a draw I have never been in. It was steep and pretty lose. we came out in Wilson Creek and rode up it. Then we got on the rode at the usual place and rode up to Bingo. Down Bingo and over to China Wall, down there and back to the rig. Took us about 4 1/2 hours.
    Can't beleave I forgot the camera in the rig.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Am surprised that it was pretty dryout there, but glad you had a good ride Dave!

Hi!!!
    Just got back from riding out there.

Someone remind this dumbass to bring his lights next time.

Oh...and I got somewhat lost. As I was heading back I somehow veered off trail and next thing you know I'm tromping through sagebrush trying to find a trail. Finally was able to get back on some singletrack and back to my car.

Overall a good, albeit short (lil' over an hour) ride. Good way to get rid of a damn headache.

I'll post some crappy phone cam pix later.

roar
    Just got back from riding out there.

Someone remind this dumbass to bring his lights next time.

Oh...and I got somewhat lost. As I was heading back I somehow veered off trail and next thing you know I'm tromping through sagebrush trying to find a trail. Finally was able to get back on some singletrack and back to my car.

Overall a good, albeit short (lil' over an hour) ride. Good way to get rid of a damn headache.

I'll post some crappy phone cam pix later.

Can't wait for the crappy phone cam pix. Sounds like you had a blast!
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

Hi!!!
    Your best bet is to take 55 out to Marsing. When you round the bend in town with US Bank on the right, shortly after that you will see Snake River Mart not too far ahead. Take a left there...that's 45 (there is a sign that points this out).
    Ehhhhh...I was wrong...it's highway 78 and not highway 45.

Hi!!!
    Here are some not-so-good camera phone pix....

EDIT: Just realized I probably have to work all day next Sunday.

1) Horsepoop and the SS (aka Big Raina)
    2) Obligatory handlebar & trail shot.
    3) Looking at Reynolds Canyon.
    4) Trail leading down to a road (that's where I turned around I think).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 11-13-2006 at 09:23 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0