Owhyees Pic Set 2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Owhyees Pic Set 2

By the way, all these were taken at 1024 x 768 with some compression.
    MTBR would not let me upload until they were resized down to 3.5 x 5.
    What am I doing wrong here, or can you please offer some digital photography tips for taking/uploading larger and clean pics?

thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

You need editing software....

.....like Photoshop. Mtbr will allow you to set the dimensions to whatever size you want (I find something around 900 x 675 are pretty viewable dimensions on a 17 inch monitor).

So, take the pictures however you want out in the field. Then, use the "save for web" function in photoshop to do two things:

1) size the image to whatever dimension you want (something around 900 x 675)

2) after setting dimensions, use the "optimize file size" function (within "save for web") to set the actual file size of the image. I usually set it somewhere between 100 and 150 kilobytes.
    I think MTBR has something like a 1 MB (megabyte) limit--I'm not sure on that, however.

So, if you have a 3 megapixel camera, it's possible to come home to your computer with 10 megabyte-sized images. You use photoshop to turn that into a internet-viewable 100-150 kilobyte sized image with whatever dimensions you prefer.

Hope that helps. If you don't have photoshop, there is free software that does the same thing (like the software that came with your camera).

beer is good

another pic

here's another pic from the owyhees
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2004

Thanks will try that

Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons
    .....like Photoshop. Mtbr will allow you to set the dimensions to whatever size you want (I find something around 900 x 675 are pretty viewable dimensions on a 17 inch monitor).

So, take the pictures however you want out in the field. Then, use the "save for web" function in photoshop to do two things:

1) size the image to whatever dimension you want (something around 900 x 675)

2) after setting dimensions, use the "optimize file size" function (within "save for web") to set the actual file size of the image. I usually set it somewhere between 100 and 150 kilobytes.
    I think MTBR has something like a 1 MB (megabyte) limit--I'm not sure on that, however.

So, if you have a 3 megapixel camera, it's possible to come home to your computer with 10 megabyte-sized images. You use photoshop to turn that into a internet-viewable 100-150 kilobyte sized image with whatever dimensions you prefer.

Hope that helps. If you don't have photoshop, there is free software that does the same thing (like the software that came with your camera).
    Rippling, you sound like you're a member of the Warriors Society. Did you get that name from them?

Alaska Turner Mafia

recognized ya

Hey Nels,

If you had a bit of snow, it would look just like pictures of your old Alaska days, breaking out the Lake shoes and big Geax tires. I recognized your red and blue jacket right off the bat in the prior post. The new yellow Turner front triangle looks really good too.

Happy New Year to you and Renee. No riding in Anchorage right now, lots of rain and 40's.

Randy
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name