Out of towner looking to ride Boise or Twin Falls on the May 22- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Out of towner looking to ride Boise or Twin Falls on the May 22

I would like to ride with a local in Boise or Twin Falls on Tuesday the 22nd.

I am a sport class rider--so I am no racer boy or dirt jumper--I am just somewhere in the middle.

I have a car, but no bike. So if you have an extra bike, that would be sweet.

I will gladly return the favor if anyone ever heads to southern Oregon.

just a man
    How tall are you/what size bike do you ride?

And what time of day on the 22nd were you thinking? We've got a Tuesday evening Barney group ride led by CBro that's pretty fun and entertaining here in the Boise foothills. We were talking about following the ride with a small grilling of animal and vegetable drink refreshment session at Camelsback Park.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I am 6'
    A bigger medium or a smallish large usually work fine. Any 18" frame is fine.

Would the vegetable drink be fermented?

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonMTB
    I am 6'
    A bigger medium or a smallish large usually work fine. Any 18" frame is fine.

Would the vegetable drink be fermented?
    I am sure between all of us we can find a ride for you.

And indeed they would be fermented. Typically something from out your way, specifically from the Deschutes Brewery if CBro and I are involved...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Sounds good. I will bring pedals, helmet, etc. What time are you talking and where? I get into town at 2.

King of the Barneys
    We can get you a decent bike for sure. The ride normally starts at Camelsback Park, N 13th to Heron, on the ne corner of 13th & Heron. We try to meet at 515 and ride off at 530. But B4X & I might be able to ride an hour earlier to show you some more of the goods before the barney rides commence..

We had a good crew last night on the Barney rides. Our group was about 7 or 8, and the Flip & Barbie joined us for a short piece, and hosted a dandy bbq at their happy hacienda. Next tues will be fun, too.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    So--what's the Barney ride? Or do I have to show up to find out?

just a man
    Barney = Non-competitive, easy-going, fairly funny, no attitudes. It also refers to the typical loops done around the 8th St. Foothills. Barney aka Dork aka Kestrel-Crestline-Hulls loop. CBro would be akin to "KING OF THE BARNEYS."

King of the Barneys
    From the official source:

Occasionally called a "barney". 2) (from road riding) a person who has a mishmash of old gear, does't care at all about technology or fashion, didn't race or follow racing, etc. Often identified by chainring marks on white calf socks.

And don't forget to mind your brues & ques...

CDB
    Lucky 11 Lives!
    Last edited by CBro; 05-17-2007 at 01:41 PM.
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    If either of you are available to meet earlier for some good fun--I am game for that. I will be in the mood for 2 hours plus of good riding. I will PM you my cell phone number and if either of you could do the same--that would be great.

King of the Barneys
    If you like more technical challenges, B4X is the unofficially crowned King of Rock Islands, and by Tues he should have his Dirt Bag ready to roll.

CDB

just a man
    Hold on there a minute - I am officially crowned King of the Dorks, not Rock Island...but thanks for the confidence

And, the Coiler is more of a R.I. machine for me.... would love to meet early since I am pretty flexible with my schedule...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Just let me know when and where. I am no Hans Rey--but then again and I no flatlander/roadie either.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hey guys--Please confirm a time and place and if you have a bike for me and I will be there.

Thanks!

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonMTB
    Hey guys--Please confirm a time and place and if you have a bike for me and I will be there.

Thanks!
    Hi - We're getting a little rain right now, hopefully it subsides shortly!

The ride normally starts at Camelsback Park, N 13th to Heron, on the ne corner of 13th & Heron. We try to meet at 515 and ride off at 530. But B4X & I might be able to ride an hour earlier to show you some more of the goods before the barney rides commence..

Here's the location http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...wloc=addr&om=1 . Look for CBro's blue 4Runner with Yakima hitch rack, and perhaps an older white Nissan Minima with Yakima racks too. I believe CBro has an extra hardtail for you.

King of the Barneys
    Given his height, he might fit better on the Yakuza, but I've got the 18 incher Helen Back loaded anyway.

CDB

Ok, here's an edit. I just got the pm's, so I'll bring Helen Back, the 18" red steel hardtail, unless he wants to try out the Gray Lady SS.

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Given his height, he might fit better on the Yakuza
    Yeah the Yakuza is history as of Saturday...Get_Lost's buddy Ben scooped it up in a Ninja-like fashion.

just a man

3:30 Camelsback Park

If anyone would care to join me and our out of town guest OregonMTB for a 3:30 ride starting at CB Park, feel free to post so I can look for ya, or just come on down. We'll be joining CBro's Barneys at 5:15 as well, so try to catch that display of raw power if you can.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I will be there! Thanks for setting this up--anyone from Idaho now has a free tour guide and free use of a bike in southern Oregon (the Ashland / Talent) area.

mtbr member

Oregon and B4X

Going up Sidewinder...
    Attached Images Attached Images

just a man
    Gary - Great shot, love all the dark clouds in the background. Just a few minutes later they all parted and sunny skies. Don't like the weather in SW ID? Wait 5 minutes and it'll change! We went up and down Sidewinder, then down Kestrel back to the parking lot. Eric was finally warmed up and then hooked up with CBro's Barney Squad. I tried to convince him to take the Coiler, but he said he preferred the featherweight Schwinn over the 38+ lb'er Coiler. Not sure why....

Thanks for joining us.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Sweet!!!!

Thanks everyone for a great ride.

I ended up riding with a total of 7 guys on back-to-back rides.

A great way to get 20 miles in while working.

Anyone and everyone from Idaho now has a free tour guide (and free use of any of my 5 mountain bikes or one road bike) for Southern Oregon. If you are ever headed up or down I-5-just give me a shout.

Members who have read this thread: 0