Our thanks....- Mtbr.com

Thread: Our thanks....

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

Our thanks....

Beck, Meeker, & I would like to thank all the volunteers that helped complete the Eastside Trail reroute. The last work on it was completed yesterday, and everyone the contributed should be proud of the effort they contributed. Y'all are an amazing bunch who truly put action behind the words they say. We commend you all and hope you will join use for the next reroute project. (I promise they trail will be just as sweet.)

Al & the Vizslas
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Both new sections rock! I like how the new section between Eastside and Sinker makes you pay attention as apposed to surviving the stutter bumps on the old section. The new section between top of Sinker and Stack Rock trail is a hoot both directions. It’s nice and twisty toward the bottom on descents and a pleasant, cool climb up in the evenings.

Who every built the rock crossing on Sinker Creek should get an award. Between the creek crossing and filling in the boggy section with rock, someone has a knack for rock work.

I would like to thank all those that worked on the trails for providing more options for all of us to get out of the cat box we call the foothills. With the summer heat it's nice to have cooler options. I would especially like to thank Dan Meeker for his passion for build trails and corners like no other. And Al and Dave B. for running interference, organizing and building trust with the Federal Land Managers and R2 so all this could happen.

Thanks Again,

Mike e.

P.S. For all those that rode by on Wednesday (4th) and expressed some guilt, don't feel guilt come and join us in the fun. You might find out building trails is enjoyable and really rewarding. And the post ride/work beverages never tasted better.

Looking forward to the next work day!

mtbr member
    Thank you guys. I look forward to riding and helping more.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Rock work was courtesy of Mike, Erin, Jarmila & Charles. And you are correct, they did a great job.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

dirt enthusiast
    ditto irishbuddah! thank you thank you thank you for all your hard work! the re-route turned out awesome! much more enjoyable climb outta there! great work! looking forward to doing some trail work soon
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

Members who have read this thread: 0