One short climbing pic - yesterdays ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

One short climbing pic - yesterdays ride

Did a short foothills ride yesterday, Sidewinder, Hulls Ridge (4), Hulls. Weather again was primo. Tried to take another panorama and again came out crappie. Now I'll try higher resolution see how it goes.

Hope all had a good Christmas
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

Hi!!!
    Were you riding with someone else (so that they could take the pic) or did you use the timer on the camera? If you were solo...did you use a tripod and if so what kind and how big was it?

I have a cheapo digicam and FINALLY figured out how to use the timer. Unfortunately it only has a ten second delay so I have to really rush getting posed. I used it this weekend while snowshoeing and got in some good shots, but also had some shots that didn't turn out too well cuz when it took the pic I was usually in the middle of getting set and posed. I haven't done a self pic on my MTB yet cuz I haven't been on it in weeks .

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I was out too yesterday, from 2:30 to 4. Rode Corralls to MXPkngLot to Crestline and down Kestrel and back home. Very nice out and it got warmer as you got higher. Once again noticed that there was almost no-one on Corralls but once you hit Crestline it was like take-a-ticket-and-get-in-line.

mtbr member
    May 2004

I used the timer

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Were you riding with someone else (so that they could take the pic) or did you use the timer on the camera? If you were solo...did you use a tripod and if so what kind and how big was it?

I have a cheapo digicam and FINALLY figured out how to use the timer. Unfortunately it only has a ten second delay so I have to really rush getting posed. I used it this weekend while snowshoeing and got in some good shots, but also had some shots that didn't turn out too well cuz when it took the pic I was usually in the middle of getting set and posed. I haven't done a self pic on my MTB yet cuz I haven't been on it in weeks .
    Mine is a pretty nice camera but it too only has max 10 second delay, so it's hard to take a riding shot on solo rides.

I've been learning more about it, and I think going from 640x480 to 1024x768 or higher will really enhance what can be done, and allow a lot more zoom for shots like panorama and software stitching together of those. That's why the one of the Danskins came out so small.

Next break in the winter should let you get back on your bike!
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music