Northern to Central ID singletrack recommendations- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Northern to Central ID singletrack recommendations

hey...
    planning a camping trip to northern or central idaho within the next month or so. was wondering where the best spots for camping and trail access might be.
    i used to live in moscow, rode moscow mountain a lot while there, but there isn't much in the way of camping that i remember. also rode down near grangeville, fish creek i believe and up near giant white pine campground.
    are there still trails in & around giant white pine campground between moscow & cd'a?
    am also considering pend o'reille...

any suggestions?

muchas gracias
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000

Don't worry, be happy!
    It's still going to be pretty muddy higher up in the panhandle. C'mon up to cyclo de mayo next weekend to see what Faragut has to offer!

Lacticacid head
    Quote Originally Posted by formica
    It's still going to be pretty muddy higher up in the panhandle. C'mon up to cyclo de mayo next weekend to see what Faragut has to offer!
    Thanks for the lead in Formica!
    www.lacticacidheads.com for info on CycleO de MayO
    we will really be covering the trails of GOF ! Come on up saturday am, and stay the weekend!
    www.lacticacidheads.com
    drop in, spin a spell~
    happy trails~

SingleTrackSal

White Pine still a go...

Quote Originally Posted by mfisher1971
    hey...
    planning a camping trip to northern or central idaho within the next month or so. was wondering where the best spots for camping and trail access might be.
    i used to live in moscow, rode moscow mountain a lot while there, but there isn't much in the way of camping that i remember. also rode down near grangeville, fish creek i believe and up near giant white pine campground.
    are there still trails in & around giant white pine campground between moscow & cd'a?
    am also considering pend o'reille...

any suggestions?

muchas gracias
    Howdy,

I love the riding on Moscow Mountain, some of the best singletrack around these parts actually! And yes, the trails around the White Pine campground are still there, rode them about two years ago. We had lots o'wind this late winter/early spring and, as such, there are most likely still lots of blow downs across the trails.

There are some decent trails around Sandpoint, Gold Hill being one of them, and you might also check out Priest Lake. Also, there is singletrack to be had just out of Oldtown, Idaho near a place called Bead Lake.

Cheers,
    Sal

mtbr member
    groovy... thanks for the tips. i won't be heading over until the end of may, so it looks like cycle-o de mayo is out.
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000

Members who have read this thread: 0