Nice tonight- Mtbr.com

Thread: Nice tonight

mtbr member
    May 2004

Nice tonight

We now have more light after work than we know what to do with (well, I get off about 4 usually). I gotta get in shape so did my first dump loop tonight. I forgot how good that loop is, I need to prove to myself I can did it about 3 or 4 times for training!

Post flu and still with some cough, I had to stop for a sec on one of the hills, clockwise.

That is a great loop with a nice feel surrounded by the hills, hidden kinda back there

Hi!!!
    Yeah I need to start doing the Dump Loop again.

Definately a great night to be out and about. I did a Table Rock hike tonight. Saw a number of MTBR'ers up there....
    Crash_Burn in a big pack of riders heading up the face. OUCH!!!

gtovey and Brook and Amber from the store. They were heading over to Rock Island. gtovey was rockin' the bright pink Novara Reason. Awesome!!! Wish I had money to paint my Novara.

jackstraw1 & Zona's dad were heading over to Rock Island as well.

Did I miss anyone?

Hope everyone got to get out tonight!

Nick
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

think pink
    The trails were great today. First day out on Rock Island on the new bike. Quickly finding out that the stem is too long though. Loving the color though.

Hi!!!
    Oh...and was that you danK coming down and then heading off to the vineyard? Saw a black Mojo. Yes I started to drool.

think pink
    There was a couple of singles speed riders in the massive hoard that passed us today at the junction heading off the main trail up to tablerock and Rock Island. Do any of them ever check this out and if you do, what gear are you running?

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Yeah I need to start doing the Dump Loop again.

Definately a great night to be out and about. I did a Table Rock hike tonight. Saw a number of MTBR'ers up there....

gtovey and Brook and Amber from the store. They were heading over to Rock Island. gtovey was rockin' the bright pink Novara Reason. Awesome!!! Wish I had money to paint my Novara.

jackstraw1 & Zona's dad were heading over to Rock Island as well.

Did I miss anyone?

Hope everyone got to get out tonight!

Nick
    Ole Parker and I did about 16 or so road miles up to the Birds of Prey. Saw Arrogant Bastard or K2Cruiser, and a few snooty roadies.

Nice night.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Hoops - Big and Small

REI Homers

Good to see the REI Homers out on the trails - who was fixing the Spiegelized broken chain? I was trying to figure out why Brooke didn't whip out a portable work stand and fix er up quick.

Our group was kind of large last night- The table rock trail may have not been the best place to take such a big group.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Oh, that was you?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    Good to see the REI Homers out on the trails - who was fixing the Spiegelized broken chain? I was trying to figure out why Brooke didn't whip out a portable work stand and fix er up quick.

Our group was kind of large last night- The table rock trail may have not been the best place to take such a big group.
    Hey Crash - I was dinking around on Castle Rock testing out rear shocks and stems. I saw the repair job going on and was about to head up the Table Rock trail when I saw your group. If I'd you recognized you I would have joined in, but I just kept playing around on the ridge.

Table Rock was probably just as good as anywhere else for taking a group. There's just no way around it at this time of year as we all shed our winter coats and hit the trails at the same time.

Hoops - Big and Small
    The Castle Rock trail is in great shape, the rock steps were really fun. I did end up with a Goat Head last night, I think I got it exiting out onto the top Culdesac (the one above Haines I think).

Did you get your stem and shock dialed?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The Castle Rock trail is in great shape, the rock steps were really fun. I did end up with a Goat Head last night, I think I got it exiting out onto the top Culdesac (the one above Haines I think).

Did you get your stem and shock dialed?
    I did the rock steps a few times last night. In fact, I was just coming around for another loop when I ended up in the back of your group and turned around. I think I've finally gotten over 20-some years of the stretched out, old school NORBA style setup. I've joined the 21st century and gone to a much shorter stem. The cockpit on my 5-Spot is now more than 2" shorter than my old Sugar was. Just need to test it on a long cimb. I swapped my DHX-air out for an RP3. Liking that so far, too. Now, if only my skillz were closer to what the bike can do ... Guess I'll need to join '98's clinic!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Oh...and was that you danK coming down and then heading off to the vineyard? Saw a black Mojo. Yes I started to drool.
    That wasn't me. Another black Mojo in town? I purchased a colored Mojo last week and have been riding that about 99% of the time; I did take the black/carbon one out last night with my WalMart platforms for a cruise around 9th Street.

mtbr member
    BS was that you walking down the face right by the chain repair?

I may have to try out a shorter stem. Crash was talking about it being better in cornering which would be interesting to try. I'll have to find one to try without purchasing first...

Paul was on the bright orange single and he is on here some times. Mark I don't think gets on here though. I"m not sure their gears.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliKat
    Red shirt, black short, white visor, red TNF hydration pack....that be moi. There were so many people at that section that I didn't pick out Brook and Amber until Brook said "hello". What were you riding?

I'm STILL waiting to get a RF Evolve XC 90 stem (got a 100 on the Yeti) from Cyclone Bicycle Supply. Jeez...it's been 1.5 months already! On my first SS, I had a really short stem on there and I just felt more in control when up at Brundage.

just a man

I may have to try out a shorter stem. Crash was talking about it being better in cornering which would be interesting to try. I'll have to find one to try without purchasing first...

Paul was on the bright orange single and he is on here some times. Mark I don't think gets on here though. I"m not sure their gears.
    I got one from Supergo years ago I used very briefly. You're welcome to try it. It's not an OS (31.8) though, it's for a regular bar.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danK
    That wasn't me. Another black Mojo in town? I purchased a colored Mojo last week and have been riding that about 99% of the time; I did take the black/carbon one out last night with my WalMart platforms for a cruise around 9th Street.
    what color dan? baby blue

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    what color dan? baby blue
    http://ibiscycles.com/mountain/paint...items=0&item=2

long story short: my then-gf wanted a Mojo after seeing my carbon frame. I placed an order for his & her mojo frames. Well....we broke up. Ha. I sold her frame to a friend in Tahoe. Luckily the gal who bought the ex's frame has a husband who's into biking and he will probably buy my carbon/black frame.

Or I may just scrap everything and ride the road this year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danK
    https://ibiscycles.com/mountain/pain...items=0&item=2

long story short: my then-gf wanted a Mojo after seeing my carbon frame. I placed an order for his & her mojo frames. Well....we broke up. Ha. I sold her frame to a friend in Tahoe. Luckily the gal who bought the ex's frame has a husband who's into biking and he will probably buy my carbon/black frame.

Or I may just scrap everything and ride the road this year.

beauty!..

his and her mojo frames...that's sweet

think pink

That was me that was sitting on the ground fixing the chain. It seemed I was the only one with a chain tool out of our group. Brook is kinda turning into a weight weenie...until they come out with a carbon/Ti repair stand, he won't be carrying the repair stand. How selfish. It was a little intimidating turning around and seeing your group coming up the trail. Felt like the Huns might have been attacking. Is your group affiliated with anything or just a bunch of friends?

mtbr member
    Gray Ventana El Fuego. I was in a blue and white jersey, red and white helmet, red HAWG with winter mouthpiece.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Support your LBSs

Sorry for making this thread wander all over the place...

This is when it pays to be a loyal local shopper. Go to LBS where they know you by name and ask to borrow a stem. There's always a box-o-parts hanging around, and it just might have the right size stem for you. That's what I'm doing.

I was running a 90 or 95 mm stem but borrowed a 75 mm. I thought it would take too much weight off of my front end for climbing and cornering. I was surprised that it didn't seem to hurt the climbing much, if any. I was afraid that it would make the front end sketchy in turns, but I found that I could commit weight to the front end when I needed it and stay centered on the bike more easily. Still need to try it on longer rides and different terrain, though.

Hoops - Big and Small
    Just a monday night group of friends.

Hi!!!
    Hey Darryl ----

Just got back from Custom Cycles and saw your Reign there. Bummer dude! Hopefully Jon gets it back to you quickly.

There is a bike floating around MTBR (KHS I *think*) that has gobs of plastic or hard rubber on there. I think the guy has a piece that runs nearly the entire length of the downtube. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I see the logic behind why he did it, but it just looks hideous. Anyhoo....you need to somehow put a smaller piece like that on your downtube so that thingamajig doesn't get dinged up.

think pink
    Just a monday night group of friends.
    That's awesome...your group looked a little faster than ours.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Nuns with guns anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

King of the Barneys
    ebay has a ton of Thomson Elite's for sale, in various sizes. I have the 70 x15 degree on my blade, and like the shorter stem. Have 110 on another bike,and 130 on the SS.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member

Snooty Roadies....

How could I pass up the chance to berate a couple of MTB posers out on their skinny tires while wearing baggy shorts? All that was missing was Chuck Taylors, knee high tube socks (with or without stripes) and a can of Natural Light in the bottle cage....

Members who have read this thread: 0