New to Western Montana and Looking for Someone to Ride With- Mtbr.com
    Endo Girl
    May 2007

New to Western Montana and Looking for Someone to Ride With

Hey Everyone,

I'm Sky (female, 31) and I have been riding for about 3 years. I have typically gone by myself but I'm new to the Western Montana area and I thought it might be a way to meet some great new people with a similar interest.

Also what are some of your favorite areas to go in Western Montana!

Thanks,

Sky

p.s.
    Intros etc would be fantastic!!!

Talentless Hack

Uh....

Western Montana is a big place, where do you ride?
    IB1

Endo Girl
    May 2007
    Hey,

I bought a place in Frenchtown(although it is technically Missoula). I've been up the Rattlesnake, Blue Mountain, Kim Williams, Rock Creek, and Patee Canyon. I have a pretty open schedule though so I'm willing to travel for someone (or a group) that is dedicated.

JAK
    mtbr member

Hey Sky..

Quote Originally Posted by skylark76
    Hey,

I bought a place in Frenchtown(although it is technically Missoula). I've been up the Rattlesnake, Blue Mountain, Kim Williams, Rock Creek, and Patee Canyon. I have a pretty open schedule though so I'm willing to travel for someone (or a group) that is dedicated.
    Those areas are great for riding as are the 1,000's of miles of trails w/in a 1.5-2 hour driving range. I am in MSLA and usually ride in your listed ares during the week and somewhere outa town on the weekends. If you like techy stuff, incredible zones, animals..etc.etc. then the outa town rides can't be beat. Drop me a line if you are interested in riding during the week or weekends. Let me know if you are interested in some ride beta as well.

Dig!
    Night has fallen.
    And there's nothin' we can do about it.

I am the law
    May 2006
    Just saw my first bear up in the Rattlesnake area on the main trail in 2 nights ago on a night ride. At about 300 ft. or so in range he turned and ran in the opposite direction. I've heard 'em stomping around Fernie, BC and even saw a little cub take off up in the Kootenay Mountains but this was the first time I came into contact with an adult sized bear. They look big and clumsy but they can run with grace and stamina that is intensely amazing.

Use caution up there, folks. We're not in Kansas anymore.

Btw, Kreiss Pond is a neat little place to ride not too far from F-town. Mostly rolling singletrack with a few uphill climbs to keep it interesting. Garnet Ghost Town is useful for high altitude (relatively speaking) riding. Lake Como down in Darby is "okay" but sections last year were not rideable.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Sky,
    Try this group:
    http://www.thursdaynightmtbr.org
    The're a fun, friendly bunch of folks and a great way to meet other riders.
    Send me a pm if you want more beta.

I think the're meeting at Blue Mountain this week.
    Last edited by 10ex; 05-21-2007 at 04:31 PM.

Endo Girl
    May 2007
    Hey Thanks!!

I'll check it out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Go ride the Great Burn before it gets closed. Also try your rock skills at Blodgett, before it gets closed. Don't forget about Reservation Divide and Monture Creek, before they get closed. Oh, I almost forgot the Sapphire Divide and the many trails into Rock Creek, before they get closed.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just a bit depressed. I'm sure you will find about 50 guys and maybe 6 gals who will be fun to ride with in no time. But be sure to get educated about these prime riding places, before they are closed.

Members who have read this thread: 0