new SWISS recruit...- Mtbr.com
    mtnjam

new SWISS recruit...

I know this probably belongs in Post Your Singlespeed thread over on the SS forum, as much local involvement that went into building this I think it deserves to be here...

Well after a year of talking about getting my singlespeed built....it's done

Props go out of flip, Geoff, and Irish for getting me hooked on SS'ing and to Reed's and Georges for helping build out the rest. Irish gets the gold though for hooking me up with the chain and 18T cog and Geoff for the Rennen tensioner.

Well here it is. I've ridden it around some and it seems geared a bit high for city riding, but its gonna be great for riding the foothills. It's geared 32 x 18...

close up of drivetrain:

Hi!!!
    NICE!!! I wish I would have never sold my SpecialED HT Stumpy at the Swap several years ago. She woulda made a nice SS.

What kind of chain do you have? I keep thinking of getting a SS specific chain since I just keep thinking mine will snap under all my damn weight.

If anyone out there has a SS specific chain they'd like to sell me (damn Cyclone doesn't have anyone of the PC-1's in stock)...........

Man...I'm gonna need to put together that SWISS night ride soon...when's the next full moon??

mtnjam
    its a Sachs BMX chain...I think...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Can't argue with a classic, Stumpy frame, just cannot, esp. not that color. Enjoy

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    I was wondering when we'd ever get you totally converted to the dark sside. Nice looking ride!!! Welcome to the Army, recruit. Now drop (your derailleurs) and give me 20 (miles)!!

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    I know this probably belongs in Post Your Singlespeed thread over on the SS forum, as much local involvement that went into building this I think it deserves to be here...

Well after a year of talking about getting my singlespeed built....it's done

Props go out of flip, Geoff, and Irish for getting me hooked on SS'ing and to Reed's and Georges for helping build out the rest. Irish gets the gold though for hooking me up with the chain and 18T cog and Geoff for the Rennen tensioner.

Well here it is. I've ridden it around some and it seems geared a bit high for city riding, but its gonna be great for riding the foothills. It's geared 32 x 18...

close up of drivetrain:

Beautiful. The Stumpy hardtail is one of my all-time favorite frames. Have fun riding it. I rode 32x18 for a while, until I tried 32x20 and now I'm even more a happy camper...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Members who have read this thread: 0