New Sun Valley book- Mtbr.com

Aug 2004

New Sun Valley book

Saw this today:

https://www.globepequot.com/globepeq...category_code=

I doubt we'll get this in the store anytime soon....yeah we are a bit slow on stuff like this .

Anyone seen it yet? Looks like it just came out this month. Does it have anything new beyond what is in the two Adventure Maps and "Good Dirt"?

And what trail is that on the cover?

mtbr member
    I would definitely like to look through that. I hope it has a Stanley section.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

Aug 2004
    Featuring fifty of the best mountain bike rides in Sun Valley, Idaho, this handy pocket-sized guide includes rides near the towns of Bellevue/Hailey, Ketchum, Copper Basin, Galena, and Stanley.
    I'd like to see something "new" for the Stanley area instead of the usual suspects. I have the old Sawtooth guidebook from Lynne Stone and it describes some rides in there that are mostly on FS roads...most notably the "Challis Motorway" or whatever she calls it. I do believe either the Stone book or one of Margaret Fuller's books described the Kelly Creek/Lake ride that you did a couple of weeks ago.

Don't worry, be happy!
    who is the author?

Aug 2004
    Greg McRoberts is the author.

After doing some surfing...it's the same dude that did "Good Dirt".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    I'd like to see something "new" for the Stanley area instead of the usual suspects. I have the old Sawtooth guidebook from Lynne Stone and it describes some rides in there that are mostly on FS roads...most notably the "Challis Motorway" or whatever she calls it. I do believe either the Stone book or one of Margaret Fuller's books described the Kelly Creek/Lake ride that you did a couple of weeks ago.
    I have margret fuller's sawthooth hikes book. May have to look for kelly lake in it.

Copper Basin. I've hiked in there (peak 11825 by Standhope and Angel's perch) and always wondered if there would be some good mountain biking. In fact, I've particularly wondered about the different trail heads along Trail Creek road.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

Aug 2004
    I've backpacked in Copper Basin as well...we did an out-and-back to Round Lake while some other friends did a lollipop type of route to some other lakes. When we were there there were a couple of MTB'ers riding it.

Do you have the "Good Dirt" book? There are 3 Copper Basin rides in there (well technicall 2 as the 3rd one was "closed" at the last publication). I'd definately would love to go back up there again, but dang that is ALOT of dirt road driving.

Aug 2004
    I just picked this book up last night at Barnes & Noble. I doubt we'll get it for another couple of months .

Basically it's the same book as "Good Dirt" except it has a different name, different publisher, and different layout. But overall it's the same thing...same author...most of the same rides. Even though I have "Good Dirt", this book makes for some nice bathroom reading. I really haven't had time to really do an in-depth comparison of the two books, but last night I did notice that one of the Copper Basin rides was left off (it was left labeled as "closed" in the other book) and the author also mentions riding around the Basin Butte area near northwest of Stanley.

Members who have read this thread: 0