New Boise Trails Website- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

New Boise Trails Website

Hey everyone, I'd love your feedback on the new website a couple of buddies and I launched relating to Boise's trail system. It's at boisetrails.com.

In particular, I'm curious if you guys agree with our "fun" and "tech" ratings on each trail. That's obviously subjective but I based in on my opinion as an intermediate/expert avid rider. But if everyone says I'm way off base I'd love to know that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Cool, I like it! I only looked at a few, but the fun and tech ratings seem fine. Except I might have 5 stars on all the funs.

It looks like a great tool for folks who are visiting/new to the area and need more info than a generic map. Also: you have some great photos on there.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks! Appreciate the feedback!

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Well done!
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I don't know enough about the trails here to say if I agree with the "tech" ratings, but is it fair to say that you're erring on the side of lower rather than higher? Because Boise black is a Denver green

Also, is there a possibility of another condition option, like "mud puddles" or something similar? It seems like muddy, excellent, and all clear don't quite cover what the trails are like a few days after it rains.

Great site. I loved the Bend Trails site when I went there, and it is good to have alternatives to the main sites/apps. A group ride would be cool, sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I am from Montana, so totally unfamiliar with the trails around Boise.
    That being said, I really like the layout, trail descriptions, and photos.
    I would definitely use your maps if I were planning a bike trip to the Boise area.
    Great job. Thanks for your efforts! 👍🏻

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ditto on the thanks from a potential tourist perspective. That site looks like such a valuable resource for exploring the area, and the mandatory pre-trip planning. I think the "day of" user reports are a great idea.

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    I am heading there in a few weeks, looking forward to using this to map out my ride.
    We don't ride to add days to our life, we ride to add life to the days we have left here.

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Awesome work, thanks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Very nice site. Thanks for making it!

Some feedback I have on ratings-I agree with almost all your ratings when you drill down. The overview though has some discrepencies though. Like Hardguy is rated black when Sweet Connie is blue. When you drill down they're the same. Bob's is black diamond but really except for about 100 feet of trail, black diamond is too strong. The steps on 3 bears are more tech (yes I know they aren't that tech) than anything on hardguy. I guess if the rating is more about strenuousness than it makes sense, but then Bob's would get demoted.

I'll be using this site - it's great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stalking_horse View Post
    Hey everyone, I'd love your feedback on the new website a couple of buddies and I launched relating to Boise's trail system. It's at boisetrails.com.

In particular, I'm curious if you guys agree with our "fun" and "tech" ratings on each trail. That's obviously subjective but I based in on my opinion as an intermediate/expert avid rider. But if everyone says I'm way off base I'd love to know that.
    We are looking into destinations to ride for March break in about ten days. Will the trails be ridable or is it fat biking season still?
    Thanks,
    Mike in Calgary

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankpuller View Post
    We are looking into destinations to ride for March break in about ten days. Will the trails be ridable or is it fat biking season still?
    Thanks,
    Mike in Calgary

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    really depend on the weeks weather, most trails are ridable if you get 2 or 3 days of sunny days and warm temps before... but weather has been a mess so it’s hard to tell! you chances are good to ride anything in the lower foothills!

mtbr member
    Sad news. I just saw an announcement that Jason Delgadillo, one of the co-founders of the BoiseTrails site, passed away yesterday in a fatal mountain bike crash. There is a memorial fundraiser for his family started by Kirk, the other co-founder.