Thread: my new ride

Salad Days

my new ride

now if only it would go back to winter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Big ol' plank

That's a big ol' plank - 167! Are you a big guy, is that a powder board, or what? I bought my first snowboard last year (cheap-a$$ Rossi Dazer) and I went with a 166 due to the fact that, at the time, I weighed about 210. These days, at under 170, I'm wishing I had a shorter, lighter board to ride in the icy crud we call snow at Bogus Basin. Got any recommendations for a 160 to 161 board for a reasonable price?

Salad Days
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    That's a big ol' plank - 167! Are you a big guy, is that a powder board, or what? I bought my first snowboard last year (cheap-a$$ Rossi Dazer) and I went with a 166 due to the fact that, at the time, I weighed about 210. These days, at under 170, I'm wishing I had a shorter, lighter board to ride in the icy crud we call snow at Bogus Basin. Got any recommendations for a 160 to 161 board for a reasonable price?
    I'm tall though not big, but I haul ass As for the board for you, I have had great luck with K2's and they can be found for reasonable prices at Bob Wards or other similar shops.

I'm going mountain biking today, yeah

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    I'm 5'10" and about 200 lbs fully stocked. I've got a Gnu Flow 165 and a Libtech Grocer 180. The 180 is surprisingly fun and easy to ride. Like a cadillac that goes REALLY fast. Turn that sucker on an edge and fly...

Earthpig, I'm very biased towards libtech boards. So I'd recommend the old-skool redux of the original skeleton board. Hopefully I'll pick one up chep this summer...
    Check out www.mervin.com
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.