my first ride- Mtbr.com

Thread: my first ride

mtbr member

my first ride

Yesterday I went for my first ride in two years, and the first in Idaho. I only went a few miles, but I had such a great time, I am going to have to start riding more often. I rode in the Military reserve, with one of Idahos smaller predators- A bushy tailed fox stayed on the trail infront of me for a minute. I had a blast, and am looking for some recomendations on other trails to ride. I did buy the ridges to rivers map, but am not sure what are the good trais to start on. thanks for the great forum, and any sugestions would be appriciated, Jarrod

Aug 2004
    Try the Camel's Back/8th Street system of trails. My own "Dork Loop" starts at Camel's Back and goes through Hulls Grove and then onto Owl's Roost and then onto Kestrel and then a nice cruise on Crestline and then down Hulls. After Hulls cross over 8th Street and then head up Chickadee Ridge and then back to the park. I do believe total mileage is 6-7 miles and doable in about an hour or so (at a slow pace with plenty of breaks).

Another easy/moderate ride would be to do an out-and-back on Corral's off of Bogus. I prefer to start at the parking lot with the outhouse as opposed to the first trailhead across from that big house on the left as if you were driving up. I think mileage for this is in the 6 mile range as well.

Barneys Unite!
    I saw a very healthy looking fox on Mountain Cove trail just last Saturday - and lots of lizards. I usually ride from the MR trailhead up Mountain Cove trail, then up to the Shane's connector and across toward Rocky Canyon Road. The trails up there are in great condition right now.

TF

Hoops - Big and Small

TerraShark

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod7219
    Yesterday I went for my first ride in two years
    You on one of these? Cool lookin ride!
    Attached Images Attached Images

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod7219
    Yesterday I went for my first ride in two years, and the first in Idaho. I only went a few miles, but I had such a great time, I am going to have to start riding more often. I rode in the Military reserve, with one of Idahos smaller predators- A bushy tailed fox stayed on the trail infront of me for a minute. I had a blast, and am looking for some recomendations on other trails to ride. I did buy the ridges to rivers map, but am not sure what are the good trais to start on. thanks for the great forum, and any sugestions would be appriciated, Jarrod
    Tuesdays (Tonight) I host a beginner's group ride from Camelsback, and we usually do the dork/barney loop as described by Belayslave above. Leave CB at 630pm. I've heard that most of my known suspects are bailing on it, but if you wanna join, we can go together and I can point out more trails.

I have a dark blue 4Runner with snazzy 2C wheels and a big chrome redneck bumper if you can make it.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

just a man
    Welcome back the World of Dirt!

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    You on one of these? Cool lookin ride!
    That is pretty cool. Looks like something Mtn Cycles might make.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member

Yep...

..thats the bike I ride. I would love to come out and play tonight, but I live in Caldwell, and will not be able to get home, and load up before 6:30. I do appriciate the offer, and will try to make it next week. Jarrod

Members who have read this thread: 0