Mtbrid A Hell Ride Finalist! Vote!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Mtbrid A Hell Ride Finalist! Vote!

Mark, aka mtbrid, has qualified as one of 16 male finalists for the Santa Cruz Hell Ride. Four will qualify and it's based on public voting. He's probably too modest to post this here, so I'm putting him out there. And if he doesn't like it he'll probably squezze me to death with those python arms of his. Oh well. If any of you have met him, you know what a great being he is. Vote for one of our own and then we can hear first-hand about his adventure and what that Weir guy with the always-grimaced face plastered throughout every bike rag I pick up is really like. Kick his $&[email protected] Mark!

Vote here:
    http://www.santacruzbikes.com/hellri...=1&userid=0288

mtbr member
    I noted that he is a Firman from Boise Idaho so lets see Idaho Represented. His bio is listed as follows:

Mark
    Boise, ID
    Fireman

He's jumped out of airplanes with a chainsaw. That rules!

"Imagine the PR opportunities for Santa Cruz. A 51 year old dude finishes the Hellride. You could place ads in AARP magazine!"

One, he was born in Iceland. Two, he spent 12 years as a smokejumper. Three, he's a firefighter/EMT, and we need someone like that on this ride. Four, he generally puts the wood to other racers in his age group. Five, he really loves his job: "I drive a big red truck with lots of lights and sirens. It carries various sizes of hose and assorted tools, some of which can turn your car, truck , suv, into a convertible in minutes. It also has 750 gallons of water on board so we can make your living room a swimming pool..."

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

I voted...

I voted for Mark....but Holy Cow did you see the bio of the guy who is 64. That dude will hopefully go with Mark.

Look out!
    Thanks Adam for the plug. I entered it on a whim never expecting to hear back from them. They must of liked what I had to say as they made me a semi-finalist. I'm in Leadville CO doing some high altitude riding with my beautiful bride. We are heading for Crested Butte today. I just happened to take a peek at mtbr to see whats been up. I'll be back in town next week. Will you be going to Galena? Have a great day and thanks for the support everyone.
    Ride the bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0