Montana Riding...- Mtbr.com
    Cheesiest

Montana Riding...

Anyone know if there is a Montana equivalent of http://trailcentral.com/?

Seems like an interesting idea.

jones'in
    I haven't seen one. But, I'd be happy to help set one up....looks like a good idea.

Cheesiest
    I'm in the midst of writing a dissertation, but it might make a good winter project.

May 2006
    Negative, Ghost Rider...nothing like the website you posted as far as I know. All the good trails in Montana are a big secret. I could tell you, but I'd have to zap you with one of those memory devices that the MIB carried.

Sep 2006
    Hello,

I'm the owner and designer of TrailCentral.com. I don't know how serious you guys are about wanted to start something like TrailCentral.com it in your area, but I may be willing to help. I mean, what better way to design something like it than to have the guy who designed it helping you out, right??

jones'in
    Hey TC Guru: Ever thought of expanding trailcentral.com outside of Colorado and Utah trails? Looks like you've already got the infrastructure in place.....might be easier than starting from scratch and I'd be willing to contribute time and code if necessary.

--Ben

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Could be willing to help as well...

Sep 2006
    Hi Ben & 900spg,

The intention of the site when I started building it several years ago was to allow it to go nation wide, so I do have the infrasturcture in place to expand beyond Colorado and Utah. I'd be glad to expand. The only thing that stopped me in the past was that I didn't have anyone to contribute content.

I really believe in quality trail beta and lots of it, which is why either me or my friends have ridden and submitted each of the trails listed in Colorado. If you guys and your friends are interested in helping submit new content (trails, shops, maps, etc) and if you have fresh ideas that you'd be willing to help code I'd be glad to do the leg work on the site to get Montana up and running.

This is a perfect time of year for me to do it. I have one more event that I'm still training for and then I start cutting back on my riding and start working more on the website. If you guys are up for it then so am I.

Later,
    BH

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I would be interested in helping if possible. I could definitely provide info on shops and trails in the Missoula area if it is needed.
    -John

Salad Days
    I can provide GPS data for about 20 or so rides in Bozeman, Missoula and the Flathead area as well as beta on many more.

Cheesiest
    Sweet! More attention than I thought. Hopefully, this doesn't come as " too little, too late", but I'm interested in trying to raise awareness about the potential trail closures due to proposed wilderness.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

guidebook

I'm with you there, In the Ways. IMBA told us that if our trails are not in any guidebooks, we don't stand a chance of showing our history of riding them when it comes down to fighting for access. An electronic guidebook might be better than paper, especially because it can be updated with pictures, history, and recent trail changes.

I can help with Bozeman area trails too.

The ones we need to document most urgently are the ones in threatened areas.

Greg

Sep 2006
    This is great! You guys certainly have the knowledge and I'm glad to help with the platform. Game on!

I'm going to send each of you my email address through a personal message. You can contact me via email or continue on this thread. It's your call. Either way we can start the ball rolling.

mtbr member
    I've got a few ideas for how to solve some of the issues you brought up and I too have a winter to work on this...

Send a PM and we can discuss.
    THX

Members who have read this thread: 0