MOAB Anyone?- Mtbr.com

Thread: MOAB Anyone?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Cool-blue Rhythm MOAB Anyone?

I am new to MTBR (obviously) so none of you know me. I have been to Moab a few times before and I am planning a trip this year, April 1st to whenever we decide to come back. I will actually be going down there March 24 to reserve camping space before the Spring Break/ Jeep Safari rush but I will be riding with my 8 year old son for that week. I will be taking him to the Salt Lake airport around the 30th or 31st so if someone wanted to fly in and meet me there.....maybe I am making this too complicated?

Basically, if you want to ride Email me. Then we can go ride here in town just to see if you are not a serial killer or "couger" (Somebody elightened me as to the North Carolina definition of "couger"). And before we get too carried away let me say this:

I have FOUR inches of travel, I like to TRY to ride everything but I am not going to "huck my meat" off of some huge freakin' cliff. Nor am I going to spend my sweet vacation in the hospital with you because your cajones got bigger than your brain. That being said, I LIKE TO RIDE FAST !! If you like to ride slower that's cool too, I will meet you at the bottom. But I think we will have more fun if we have riders with similar style.

Also, I will definitely be drinking beer. If that offends you, maybe you would like to choose another camp. Also, if you only have like $11.41 to your name you might not be ready to go to Moab. Hope that doesn't make me sound like jerk but I have run into alot of flaky,wierdos while posting for climbing partners before.

My name is Chris. Post here or PM me to discuss details or to set up a local ride.

Barneys Unite!

Have you tried eHarmony.com?

or a similar service?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Sorry if I offended you with the "slow riders" line.

P.S. I am married..........to a woman.

Barneys Unite!

Nope,

no offense. I am slow!

TERVOR THE GREAT
    I'm going the week prior to that, so no dice...
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

King of the Barneys
    did you really mean to put the word, "anyone" in your invitation title to this thread? Just curious...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chriflo
    or "couger" (Somebody elightened me as to the North Carolina definition of "couger"). .
    Care to enlighten me?

Maybe you'd have better luck just getting to Moab and hooking up to ride with someone that's already there? Shoot, how do I know YOU'RE not a serial killer (or a couger, lynx, puma, or oscelot for that matter). I sure don't want to travel to SLC just to find out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Please Forgive me.

I am sorry. I was under the impression that forums were a place to seek out people who might share common interests. I have obviously offended the slow riders and the riders who collect food stamps. I tried to give some impression of how I like to ride and that I enjoy beer to avoid conflicts of personality. I didn't mean to open up the contest for the biggest smartass.

Although, as long as everyone is handing out free advice, let me give some:

If you are not intersted in going to Moab, start your own thread and leave this one to people who are.

mtbr member
    I have never been to Moab, but a buddy and i are going down there for our spring break. I'm not sure what day we're going to drive down, but it should be right around the 24th... sounds like we have similar riding styles -- If you want to go rip some trails around here (Boise) that's cool, went yesterday and it was pretty dry.
    What i was curious about though it the "spring break rush" is it that hard to find camping?? Like i said i have never been there and want to have a good trip, so any heads up would be cool.

mtbr member
    P.S. I wouldn't recommend eHarmony, have a buddy that tried it -- and it didn't work out very well for him. Just cost him a lot of money in phone bills and plane flights

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Weaver 84,

It will be VERY difficult to find camping this year. From what I understand, Spring Break and the Jeep Safari will overlap. I am actually meeting my cousin down there to ride along on some of the jeep trails. He is arriving the 4th but I know it starts right around the 1st. If worse comes to worst I have some family in Moab that I haven't talked to in a long time and we could camp in their yard!

Also, I am planning to do White Rim somewhere between the 28th of March and the 4th of April. There won't be any shortage of camping on that trail !

I am riding in Seattle until Tuesday but after that I would be down for some more Boise ridin. I will PM my email address to you so we can set it up.

Members who have read this thread: 0