MMBA needs a few explorers- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

MMBA needs a few explorers

Montana Mountain Bike Alliance is having trouble getting around the state to get documentation for certain trails. It's a big place, 12 national forests in Region One. Each area has 2 or 3 key trails we are trying to save.

We are looking for a few people from diverse locations around Montana and North Idaho to ride, or hike certain key trails to supply us with details where we have informational gaps. We need trailhead photos, signage photos, landscape and trail photos. Also photos of mountain bike use on these trails. Pictures of sensitive areas and pictures of man's hand, in the forms for example of, logging, mining, cross fencing, cabins. Wildlife shots are a bonus. We would also need one or two paragraphs describing in a straightforward way the landscape the trail traverses, the general soil types, and general condition of the trail and nearby flora.

No pay, some thanks, much gratefulness. PM me if your think you could help. Supply your name, location, and email address in the PM. I will reply with the trail list for your location. Hurry, as the summer is disappearing quickly.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

mtbr member

trail scouting

I live in the big sky area and can help out if there are any trails nearby that your interested in. let me know. Most trails in this area are pretty well known though but I'll help if I can.

Take Care,
    Eric
    [email protected]
    To prepare for a race there is nothing better than a good pheasant, some champagne and a woman.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    thank you Eric,

We have a pretty good handle on all of the trails that are endangered near Big Sky. If there is a certain direction that you wish to go from Big Sky, there are trails that could be documented that are a bit further away. Closest one is just north from Ennis.

But we had a meeting the other night and many people from Big Sky are needed for an important letter writing campaign. See Tom Owen there for particulars.

Others that contacted me through pm's, be patient, I'll be getting back to you shortly. Thanks, Greg
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

Members who have read this thread: 0