Miss Yawl Spud Buddies- Mtbr.com
    Rocks Rock

Miss Yawl Spud Buddies

Not much social riding here in Tulsa yet. Still looking for folks that like rocks as much as I do. Only other user I saw on the trail today was this turtle. The other day I saw some redneck Oky stunts. I was afraid to ride them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Miss Yawl Spud Buddies-turtle.jpg  

Miss Yawl Spud Buddies-oky-north-shore-1.jpg  

Miss Yawl Spud Buddies-oky-north-shore-2.jpg  

Miss Yawl Spud Buddies-oky-north-shore-3.jpg  

Am I being kind?

mtnjam
    yikes! you SHOULD be afraid to ride those old stunts. Those things look worse than the old stunts up in the trees by Bogus
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    yikes! you SHOULD be afraid to ride those old stunts. Those things look worse than the old stunts up in the trees by Bogus
    The stuff we buitl on Bogus was much safer.
    Am I being kind?

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Anyone ask you to squeel like a pig yet?

You can use that turtle in cooter soup. Cooter, or turtle, soups are of three kinds: a rich turtle stock thickened with roux, a clear broth filled with floating pieces of the white flesh, and a thick chowder enriched with cream, wine, and eggs. All three follow the West Indian model, popular long before Carolina was settled, with hot pepper seasoning.

Cooter Recipe: Select a large, live, female terrapin-the rice fields variety being the best, cut off head and remove shell. Dress by removing skin, intestines, and sand bag. Cut meat into cubes and place together with the eggs from the terrapin in a large pot. Add four quarts of water and bring to a boil. While slowly boiling, add two tablespoons salt, one-forth pound of cubed salt meat and two tablespoons of whole allspice. Cook slowly for two hours. Just before serving, add one tablespoon black pepper, two tablespoons butter, one cup cream and one-half cup sherry wine. Thicken with two tablespoons browned flour. Strain and werve soup clear. Place one thin slice of lemon and one teaspoon sherry wine in each soup plate.

Yum.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    really? you're stuck in Tulsa? who did you piss off? My sister took work there (Enid) cause it was the only place she could find work without experience out of college. She is leaving as soon as she can.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

mtnjam
    Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    The stuff we buitl on Bogus was much safer.
    I'm talking about the really old ones down on Eastside, the ones built over by Morningstar and Lulu I agree were built (by my hands too) very well.
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

just a man
    Hang in there Dave. Maybe you can help ressurect those Oky freeride lines and they'll be forever grateful. Come on back to Boise real soon now, ya hear?

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Anyone ask you to squeel like a pig yet?

You can use that turtle in cooter soup. Cooter, or turtle, soups are of three kinds: a rich turtle stock thickened with roux, a clear broth filled with floating pieces of the white flesh, and a thick chowder enriched with cream, wine, and eggs. All three follow the West Indian model, popular long before Carolina was settled, with hot pepper seasoning.

Cooter Recipe: Select a large, live, female terrapin-the rice fields variety being the best, cut off head and remove shell. Dress by removing skin, intestines, and sand bag. Cut meat into cubes and place together with the eggs from the terrapin in a large pot. Add four quarts of water and bring to a boil. While slowly boiling, add two tablespoons salt, one-forth pound of cubed salt meat and two tablespoons of whole allspice. Cook slowly for two hours. Just before serving, add one tablespoon black pepper, two tablespoons butter, one cup cream and one-half cup sherry wine. Thicken with two tablespoons browned flour. Strain and werve soup clear. Place one thin slice of lemon and one teaspoon sherry wine in each soup plate.

Yum.
    Oh my heck I aint no Mike Tyson! I wouldn't even bite one of my competitors... let alone eat one. You'll be the one squeellin. Lucky for me I'm to old and fat.
    Am I being kind?

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliKat
    really? you're stuck in Tulsa? who did you piss off? My sister took work there (Enid) cause it was the only place she could find work without experience out of college. She is leaving as soon as she can.
    I'm not stuck in Tulsa... Tulsa rocks!
    On the other hand Enid sucks... so bad... that Texas hasn't fallin into the Gulf.
    Am I being kind?

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Hang in there Dave. Maybe you can help ressurect those Oky freeride lines and they'll be forever grateful. Come on back to Boise real soon now, ya hear?
    I miss ya man.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    what is good in Tulsa? My wife goes to tulsa (Expo Square) once a year for 2 weeks.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliKat
    what is good in Tulsa? My wife goes to tulsa (Expo Square) once a year for 2 weeks.
    Turkey Mountain is great. Imagine miles and miles of trails like the drop into Reynolds Crick and the trail from there down to the China Wall even more technical with more rocks per yard. If you walk your bike thru most of that no big deal but if you ride it and want more come on down to Tulsa.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCYKJD-uzAs
    Of course the video doesn't do it justice but this may be a familar view.
    Am I being kind?

Members who have read this thread: 0