McCall next weekend ( 4th)- Mtbr.com
    Don't worry, be happy!

McCall next weekend ( 4th)

Howdy all, what's open, what isn't, who might want to go out for a morning/afternoon spin with lil ol formica?

Looks like I'm running a shuttle for the S Fk Salmon boaters and then hanging in McCall for the weekened.....

Don't worry, be happy!
    OK, does anyone at least have a beta on trail conditions? Since the Lick Creek rd. just opened up a few days ago, I am thinking the trail to Duck Lake is not ready, but what about East Fork Lake Fork, the lower 20 mile or ???

thanks for anything you can toss this way....

mtbr member
    Hi Formica,
    I'd like to try to set up a ride, but there are some unknowns in my schedule at the moment- I should know tomorrow if a friend is coming into town for the skateboard contest.
    Here's the info I have HEARD- I haven't checked all these myself though-
    EFoLF is good, but with 2 trees down
    Tam trails are in great shape
    Brundage- no reconaisance yet
    Rim ride was messy, but I should have an update after tonight.
    Jughandle trails are good
    Eagle's Nest is good
    Xterra/Crestline is not in good shape and has a monster burned tree across it that leaves you looking like a chimney sweep after you climb over it.
    Loon Lake- the FS has been rebuilding bridges there
    20 Mile- no one has dared look at it

Don't worry, be happy!
    I'll be accessible by PM, that would be great.
    I did talk to someone at the McCall USFS office this morning, 20 from the wagon rd. trailhead is cleared to the junction where the lakes trail turns off (??)

mtbr member
    That makes sense- 20 Mile Trail from the Warren Wagon Rd side is cleared up to the junction to 20 Mile Lake. That's a few miles up the trail from WW Rd., but not very far.

mtbr member
    I know it's last minute, but how about a ride at 10:00 am on the 4th- tomorrow? Meet at the Farmer's Market (by Gravity Sports) at 10:00 and let's go hit the Rim Ride with the new extension.

Don't worry, be happy!
    oh rats - I am running shuttle for the guys, we have to be at the confluence of the Secesh and SFk Salmon at 10 am.... poopys. Sat will be my only "free" day I think. so let me know. It's pretty hot if you dont get out early.

f.

Don't worry, be happy!
    eek what a shuttle. There was a kayak fatality with no recovery upriver from where the guys put in

I"ll check out bear basin Sat am.... looks pretty up there, and just for grins...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hey Formica....

Heard on the news over the weekend that a kayaker died on the East Fork of the South Fork of the Salmon.......bummer. I've scouted that river from Flight Simulator down and passed on running it in a paddle raft.

Good flow on the South Fork of the Salmon right now.........

Don't worry, be happy!
    As always, a good time was had. Hubby had a great trip. I got a ride in with some friends of my friends - up from Bear Basin to the top of Brundage, down the trails on the front, back around to the rigs. OMG, what a gorgeous day, carpets of flowers everywhere. Things were hampered by an incident that may have me off the bike for a few weeks.

There is always next time.

Members who have read this thread: 0