McCall - Is Mid-October Too Late- Mtbr.com
    What day are we riding?

McCall - Is Mid-October Too Late

Yes, I wasted my riding time this summer by working too much. Is the middle of October too late to hit the good trails around McCall? Should I just wait until next year? Thanks for the info...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin
    Yes, I wasted my riding time this summer by working too much. Is the middle of October too late to hit the good trails around McCall? Should I just wait until next year? Thanks for the info...
    mid-October is hit or miss up in McCall (and the mountains in general). I've been up there in October and it has been gorgeous and in the 60's and I've also ridden into a mini-blizzard... Fishing is great in October however...

mtbr member
    Flip is right. I usually figure on snow by Halloween, but then again, I've also ridden Loon Lake in early December before. Pack a jacket, long tights, a roll of ducttape for your shoes (or those fancy little booties), and some extra food just in case. Oh, and don't wear any antlers.

What day are we riding?

Thanks...

Trying to decide between chancing it or heading to Gooseberry Mesa. Good point about the antlers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin
    Trying to decide between chancing it or heading to Gooseberry Mesa. Good point about the antlers.
    Gooseberry is a safer bet... Come October, our trips start heading South. More reliable temps...

mtbr member
    Mmmmmm, Goooooosseeberry

Members who have read this thread: 0