McCall-ites to the dirt brown courtesy phone, please- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,984

    McCall-ites to the dirt brown courtesy phone, please

    Hey guys, Sunday and/or Monday ride(s) this weekend? I'll be coming up Saturday evening, and should be able to ride Sunday and/or Monday. What's the status on 20 Mile? Will it ever be cleared this year? My preference on a ride would be possibly an out and back on 20 mile from upper lake to Duck Lake. Also, cinnoman monkey says that the new trail (road?) from Ponderosa to Blackwell Lake is an easy spin. From there, I suppose one could go downhill on Crestline back to the east side of the lake. Have you guys ridden that one yet?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wayndar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    712
    Let me check with the social director for a calendar of the weekend's activities. I've written-off 20 Mile for this year to be honest, but I haven't checked into it lately. The Crestline Blackwell Loop is open, and I've heard it was fun, but choppy (like any new trail would be). There are some fun new connectors on the Rim ride. There's also EFLF, Eagle's Nest, JugHandle, and the rest of the old standbys. How about CowCreek if LickCreek road is open now?

  3. #3
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    Let me check with the social director for a calendar of the weekend's activities. I've written-off 20 Mile for this year to be honest, but I haven't checked into it lately. The Crestline Blackwell Loop is open, and I've heard it was fun, but choppy (like any new trail would be). There are some fun new connectors on the Rim ride. There's also EFLF, Eagle's Nest, JugHandle, and the rest of the old standbys. How about CowCreek if LickCreek road is open now?
    Yeah, georgezilla and I were talking about 20 Mile at the TdF on Saturday and she said she was going to try to ride it Monday. Bummer if it never got cleared. I've only ridden it once, and that was 2 years ago.

    I'm not adverse to the Crestline/Blackwell loop - new trails are always fun, and cinnoman monkey said that there are some fun technical sections on it (plus, there's no driving involved).

    Never ridden (or even heard of) Cow Creek.

    What day works best for you?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wayndar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    712
    Sounds like Sunday morning works again. How about 9:00 at Mtn Java? Followed by a purging of the body and then a ritualistic ride devoted to the sacred-female Mother Earth.

  5. #5
    dirt enthusiast
    Reputation: georgezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    182
    [QUOTE=Earthpig]Yeah, georgezilla and I were talking about 20 Mile at the TdF on Saturday and she said she was going to try to ride it Monday. Bummer if it never got cleared. I've only ridden it once, and that was 2 years ago.

    we actually rode to duck lake instead and it was clear. starts from the same trail head and branches off about 2 miles in. a couple of trees to toss the bike over but nothing bad. its a bit longer than 20 mile is (6 miles vs 12). awesome trail to ride if you have the time. round trip it probably took us about 6 hours. definately put the bike to work!! i earned my beer for sure!!

    planning on riding eastside-sinker creek-sweet connie on monday. gotta stay in town for the hank 3 show!
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

  6. #6
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    Sounds like Sunday morning works again. How about 9:00 at Mtn Java? Followed by a purging of the body and then a ritualistic ride devoted to the sacred-female Mother Earth.
    Let's do it! See you there.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wayndar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by georgezilla
    we actually rode to duck lake instead and it was clear. starts from the same trail head and branches off about 2 miles in. a couple of trees to toss the bike over but nothing bad. its a bit longer than 20 mile is (6 miles vs 12).
    Which trail head did you start from? It sounds like you're describing starting from the Upper Payette Lake TH and riding to Duck Lk. It was clear?

  8. #8
    dirt enthusiast
    Reputation: georgezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    182

    yep! all clear!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    Which trail head did you start from? It sounds like you're describing starting from the Upper Payette Lake TH and riding to Duck Lk. It was clear?
    we started from the 20 mile trailhead, which is just a little up the highway from the turnoff to upper payette. there were a few downed trees over the trail but nothing that you couldn't pick your bike up over. great trail!! there is another route into duck lake-it starts off lick creek rd and its only about a mile into the lake but i can't remember the elevation gain for that one.
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.