McCall, Here I am!- Mtbr.com
    short skirt, long jacket

McCall, Here I am!

I've been here just a few days now; (un?)fortunately, I can't work yet so I am taking some time to explore. I've been on two trails: Payette Rim Trail (sorry, I forgot my camera that day as we ended up there by accident) and East Fork Lake Fork Trail.
    Here's a few pics. EFLF reminds me of riding in Evergreen on the front range in CO.

It was undulating and thick with trees, with an occasional break through meadow under granite mountain tops. Not bad...

please bear with me as I learn how to take pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I really need to change my avatar

short skirt, long jacket

The town itself

is quiet but nice

here are a few pics around town from my morning coffee at the lake:

There's still a lot of smoke in the air, but you can just make out the mountains across the lake.

and yesterday's hike (I'm dog-sitting to earn my keep at my friend's place):

short skirt, long jacket

Open to suggestions for rides

I got a copy of the Guide to Mtn BIking in McCall and there are a lot of choices.
    Feel free to throw out favorites!

I've got the next 4 days free to ride and play. I may go back to the Payette Rim area today just because we rode it the wrong way since we didn't have our guide book at the time....looks like much more fun coming down.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Find a hold of my friend Matt Neuman. He and his wife both ride. And from what I hear, he and the posse up there are building some nice trails.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

tracks

The tracks in the sand are mine. I spent the weekend up there, and rode through the beach at the end of a quick ride with my friend (who grabbed 3 gears on her little Rockhopper while climbing out the paved section onto the main road).

mtbr member
    I sent you a PM.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Glad you made it, Jennifer. Good luck with work. I think you'll like cycling around here.

I'm out of here in < 1 week and heading to Humboldt County, CA, for a month. Call me before Thursday if you want to hook up one more time. Tell Gary "Hi!"

D

short skirt, long jacket
    Well it looks like I made it just in time for fall! ...or possibly winter.

I've not ridden here in the last few days. When I get back to town next week, I will contact Wayndar. ( i sent you a pm today)

Dewayne, it was great to see you again, and I'm sorry I didn't get to check out your trails with you as a guide. I look forward to seeing some photos of what your next endeavor brings out in California. I'm a little jealous of your destination, so please get some pics up soon! And build some kick ass trail! Farewell!

Jen

Members who have read this thread: 0