to the mass of riders on BB road last PM...- Mtbr.com
    mtnjam

to the mass of riders on BB road last PM...

Please don't ride down the road and ride my ass and give me nasty looks in my rear view mirror after I've passed you and the entire peloton whilst you are taking up the entire lane. It's not a road race for gods sakes.
    Hopefully I wasn't discourtious in passing you, wasn't trying to be

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    Please don't ride down the road and ride my ass and give me nasty looks in my rear view mirror after I've passed you and the entire peloton whilst you are taking up the entire lane. It's not a road race for gods sakes.
    Hopefully I wasn't discourtious in passing you, wasn't trying to be
    tailgating! touch the brakes next time.

technically, if they rear end you...then they're at fault...right?

i had a guy tailgating me the other night too (a guy from out of town that actually talked with us for a while at the top)..nice guy.

i passed him on a flat section up top. making my way down safely/comfortably...and the SOB caught up and started drafting on me.

i didn't really appreciate it...because the road was littered with sand/gravel/ some cobbles from the rains we had on tuesday.

all i could think about was holy oly night at the lift (fiddy cent cans) and some wings...i didn't want to tend to this moron if he was to crash in my sight...

he was riding down at 40+, hit 45 mph a few times...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    They have $.50 Olys and wings at BB?

Hoops - Big and Small
    I road ride Bogus Basin road, I generally don't tailgate. It's called Motor Pacing and road riders like the idea of training in the wake of anything.

Some drivers think they can go faster than bikes down Bogus. Road bikes can take most of the corners much faster than a car can.

Slow down and let the biker pass if you don't feel comfortable with them Motor Pacing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K9CucRzYokE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K9CucRzYokE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bong_Crosby
    They have $.50 Olys and wings at BB?
    haha. no, at The Lift....place on state street.

i can see how that is confusing...lift, bogus basin....haha.

tuesday nights at The Lift on State...is Holy Oly night. Fiddy-Cent Olys...

if you stick to JUST OLY's...you'll be fine.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    OMG. 50 cent Oly cans? Holy moly.

Holy Oly night will be followed by "Weary Wednesday."

My god. The things you learn on those internets.

Boise
    An experienced rider can out run a car on the twisty upper slopes...down below where the road starts to straighten out they won't be able to keep up (depending on how fsat your driving) and should have enough sense to let you by (which some don't).....and yes I do ride a road bike.

and it's motorpacing when your actually training with the person driving the vehicle....drafting a unknown strange vehicle is plain stupid. (IMO)

Members who have read this thread: 0