March 5th: Anything rideable in Military Reserve tonight?- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

New question here. March 5th: Anything rideable in Military Reserve tonight?

Anyone been out there within the past day or so? I doubt it, but thought I would ask before making plans.

mtbr member
    Nick, I haven't been in mil res., but I did go up Hulls and down the Freeway, Kestrel and Chickadee yesterday. The very top of the Freeway (near the creek crossing) has a lot of puddles, but the rest of it was in excellent shape. There's no water on Hulls or any of the other trails that I rode. I heard that the top of Trail 4 (near the moto parking lot) is soupy.

I notinced that R-to-R has been busy putting up a lot of fences in the foothills over the winter - particularly around Camelsback and the 8th Street parking lot
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I saw you laffeaux headed up Hulls Sunday - I was on my way down but dint stop in time. MR is probably mushy where there's shade, the rest is drying nicely. 5 and 6 are good to climb now, 4 is a slopfest coming down but who cares. 3 Beers was thawing and drying when I was there Saturday. Shanes to Curlew Gulch is the prefered alternative to Bucks right now. Five Mile was covered in snow so I dint venture there. I didn't see Bucks but it's flat so it's probably slick.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Bucks is good, but you could tell A LOT of people were riding/running/hiking/ off trail to avoid mud. Soon, that trail will be as wide as the Freeway. If you ride it, rail the original trail. And BTW, the traction is great.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member

Bucktail

Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Bucks is good, but you could tell A LOT of people were riding/running/hiking/ off trail to avoid mud. Soon, that trail will be as wide as the Freeway. If you ride it, rail the original trail. And BTW, the traction is great.
    I rode down Bucks form Rocky Canyon Road via Shane's yesterday and Bucks was a mud pit. Shanes was in very good shape. I tried 3Bears and only made it a quarter mile before turning around.

Good luck
    BoiseBoy

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    FYI - Back of Sidewinder (aka Hulls Ridge) is a mess. Mud, mud, mud. Oh, and some snow and really deep ruts. Front of sidewinder, freeway, Kestrel, Hulls, Chickadee - all nice. Go ride your bike and stop posting rants on mtbr. Go. Now. Seriously. Good bye.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    hmmm...i rode it yesterday, and aside from a couple puddles i didn't get any mud on the tires. it was even better today.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    I saw you laffeaux headed up Hulls Sunday - I was on my way down but dint stop in time.
    I thought that was you, but I didn't really "see" you until you were pretty much passed me. There were so many people out, and I was saying "hey, how are you?" to all of them, that I wasn't even paying attention to who anybody was. I said hi, as you zipped by, and a second later, said, "hey, I knew him." But I kept riding.

I'm not sure I've ever seen the trails so crowded - luckily it helped keep my pace really slow, which was fine by me.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Hi!!!
    You guys think the Table Rock trails (like Rock Island) are rideable now?

It'd be nice to hit that Thursday night (if I can find my lights).

think pink
    Tablerock should be pretty good. It's in the sun for the better part of the day. We did get that rain last night though so it could be a little iffy...I'd join you but I have to work. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

Hi!!!
    You working Friday night or the Garage Sale? I *might* be breaking out the SS on Saturday afterwards, but it looks like we are suppose to be getting rain that morning. Great. I made the mistake of SS'ing after a Garage Sale last year and paid the price by feeling like sh!t the next morning. I might just play it safe and hit the Greenbelt that afternoon. Maybe SS out at Swan Falls/Celebration Park on Sunday....depends on how much cleaning around the doublewide I have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gtovey
    Tablerock should be pretty good. It's in the sun for the better part of the day. We did get that rain last night though so it could be a little iffy...I'd join you but I have to work. You'll have to let us know how it goes.
    Dave aka impdude said it was pretty good as of late.

Since the Yeti is at the shop, I'm Greenbelting tonight with some folks.

Terry and Chris said MR was pretty good last night.

King of the Barneys
    MR was terrific, except for 2 wet spots on Bucktail. Shanes was great, Central Ridge, and all those maze-like little trails on the face, to the east, and even in the black forest, were fine. The one steep pitch where you stay right as you go north out of the forest was under construction, (at least I hope it was construction, since it was all torn up). The water was running hard in the cement culvert so I didn't do the last drop, but hey, it's all good.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Members who have read this thread: 0