Mahalo- Mtbr.com

Thread: Mahalo

mtbr member

Mahalo

Friday was another bonus day as far as Nov. weather goes, so I headed up to Gardiner peak. Mahalo was in great shape with a few patches of snow but nothing of concern. Someone fixed one of the corners that has been blown out for several weeks, and there was several trees/shrubs blocking the trail. The bench/logride got some shiney love, perhaps the sign has been on it for awhile but friday was the first time that I noticed it!

Oh and lots and lots of hunters running around, more than I have ever seen up there.

A good time was had!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mahalo-1.jpg  

Mahalo-2.jpg  

Mahalo-3.jpg  

Mahalo-4.jpg  

Mahalo-5.jpg  

Everytime that wheel turn round
    bound to cover just a little more ground!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    i wold never have the guts to take my dog up there during hunting season. I wouldn't want to take any chances of a drunk hunter mistaking him for something else.

Trail looks awesome! sign has always been there btw.
    It's all downhill from here.
    (There's a **** of a lot of climbing left.)

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Awesome trail dog! Does it rail the berms?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Awesome trail dog! Does it rail the berms?
    This is his first season riding so he is just learning how to really rail them. He is already catching mad air off the jumps! After all he is one of those "springy" dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by mzinn23
    i wold never have the guts to take my dog up there during hunting season. I wouldn't want to take any chances of a drunk hunter mistaking him for something else.

Trail looks awesome! sign has always been there btw.
    We both wear bells and most of the time he is pretty close to me, he doesn't really wander very far at all. If I would have expected that many hunters I would have put an orange something around his neck.

hmm I have ridden that trail almost once a week all season long and never noticed the shiny silver plaque. I like the bench it's a great place to stop and have a snack. It is definitely a good addition to the trail.

Mahalo!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    that is really cool. i wish my dog would follow me on my bike, but she is afraid of the sound my hubs make.

the picture attached was taken on sep 19th at the memorial ride. maybe they took down the sign for awhile. oh well.

it is a really cool feature
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mahalo-mahalo.jpg  

It's all downhill from here.
    (There's a **** of a lot of climbing left.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzinn23
    that is really cool. i wish my dog would follow me on my bike, but she is afraid of the sound my hubs make
    I got simon when he was about 12 weeks old(he turned 1 the end of Sept) and have had him around bikes from the first day. He eats, sleeps, and plays around bikes 24/7. Kinda like me. Here is a picture of him after he got hit by a suburban on highway 55(crazy story) and a picture of my how my living room looks most of the time. He can't get away from bikes anywhere in the house except the bathroom and sometimes the kitchen. I think I might need more bikes! As far as hubs, I run an I9 hub on my main ride and man is it loud, as soon as he hears the click click click he gets all excited and knows it time to run.

The only issue I have found in the last month or so is that if we are stopped and someone on a bike flies past he wants to chase/herd. If they stop and talk he is fine but if not he really wants to herd them on down the trail. We need to work on that! Luckily most of my rides are on the less populated trails and we don't stop or see riders all that much. A fellar on the trail the other day said that riding in big groups helped his border collie with chasing/herding other bikes, damn I hate riding in groups, but if it helps!

Crazy about the sign I doubt they installed, removed it, and then put it back. I guess I just never noticed it until Friday.

I can ride bike now?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mahalo-poorsimon.jpg  

Mahalo-lotsobikes.jpg  

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Pack em stack em and rack em.

If your bikes are in the garage, then you are failing as a parent.

Fact.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mahalo-packem.jpg  

Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Last weekend was the only weekend for general season bull elk in that area; I'm guessing that's why it was crowded.

mtbr member
    Dude, my toe is still hurting like hell but it hasn't stopped me from doing anything. Glad your still enjoying the singletrack this fall. How did those duck eggs taste?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin
    Dude, my toe is still hurting like hell but it hasn't stopped me from doing anything. Glad your still enjoying the singletrack this fall. How did those duck eggs taste?
    Sorry to hear about the toe, that sucks! The trails here have been great this fall. Have you been riding much? Next time you are in town we should ride. As long as the trails permit I will ride all winter.

Holy crap those duck eggs were good. I made a ham, bacon, cheddar, and broccoli quiche that was to die for. It might have been the best one I have made. I took half of it to work and everybody that had a piece said it was delicious. Next time I make quiche I will be using duck eggs.

bicycle, bicycle, I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike!

mtbr member
    I haven't been riding much, but I have been building a new trail in my backyard.
    Last edited by boostin; 11-12-2010 at 09:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin
    I haven't been riding much, but I have been building a new trail in my backyard. Should be lots of fun when its done. I'd like to get back down to Boise again before the snow flies but its not likely to happen.

Those duck eggs make an excellent quiche! Glad that you found such a good use for them. If you get into them gimme a call and you can even go meet the ducks! haha...

Rich, right? I tore up that paper and then promptly forgot all the info!
    More info on the backyard trail please, is this at the orchard? Will it have sweet jumps n such?

Snow schmow - the lowers trails are fine in the snow the only thing we would have to worry about is mud. So if you come down in the next couple of months bring your bike.

I can't remember did you say they are selling the duck eggs at the co-op? I will be needing more the next time I make quiche.

I will send you a pm with my number, for sure give me a call next time you are in town, and yep Rich is correct.

Get on your bikes and ride!

mtbr member
    I'm glad that you and Simon are railing trails this late!

Take it easy dude!
    Last edited by boostin; 11-12-2010 at 09:19 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0