Lucky Peak worthwhile?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Lucky Peak worthwhile?

Is the ride up to Lucky peak any good? I assume I would start off at Council Springs road and ride up. Any suggested routes in this area, can I cut over from the top and come back down to the Rocky Canyon trails or any others?

thanks.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Can't get to Lucky Peak to Rocky Canyon w/o tresspassing. The landowner is adamant about not wanting people on their family's property.

You'll have to head down to Harris Ranch on Trails 8 and 12. 8 can be loose and has fairly substantial water bars. Be prepared for a lot of time in the air.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member

Lucky Peak

From Council Springs Road you can go up Trail 12 (Homestead) and either take a Left and climb Trail 8 where it will come out just West of Lucky Peak.

You can also take Homestead further to the intersection of Cobb/Squaw and take it up to the Left as well. The is a bit longer of a trek and is relatively boring as it is mostly just old jeep road that takes you to Lucky Peak on the East side of it.

As far as connecting Lucky Peak with Rocky Canyon Road it is a bit more challenging as one has to travel on private property that is signed as a "no trespassing" road.
    Going up RCR you would turn Right off of the road just short of Aldape Summit where the Table of Temptation sits during Robie Creek. As of a month ago the road was mostly in good shape with some minor blow down branches. There are a couple of spots with deep erosion ruts in the road that were over five feet deep so you may have to hike a bike if you are climbing in that direction.
    BoiseBoy

Members who have read this thread: 0