Louis and Clark Caverns ride 1-29- Mtbr.com
    Salad Days

Louis and Clark Caverns ride 1-29

Rode today around louis an clark caverns. Very little snow and some choice singletrack. Then a natural hot spring on the jefferson river. Not a bad way to spend a saturday, might have to do it again tomorrow
    Attached Images Attached Images

Salad Days

Some more

Didn't get many good pictures of the trails, too good to slow down. Amazingly dry too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2004

Nice pics

Quote Originally Posted by jparker164
    Didn't get many good pictures of the trails, too good to slow down. Amazingly dry too.
    Hey,

how about an mtbr get together (or some such thing)
    this spring or summer
    I'd like to come from Boise, and hook up have you show me/us some trails
    in MT?

mtbr member
    JParker...great pictures man !! Damb we were forced to ride dirt roads today because the snow is still on the trails....seeing stuff like that i HAVE to get over there.

later, Chad
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://redbarnbicycles.com/

Dude...

yeah, but riding in slush is cool too...

Thats not fair, I move to Connecticut to get away from the snow and they get hit by a storm. Stupid east coast.

stone cold lampin'
    Nice pics parker! Did you ride up the road and bomb down the trail, or up and down the trail? I used to work as a guide at the cave. I'd ride the road in the morning to get the blood flowing, and get a nice singetrack decent when the day was done. Have you tried the new trail that heads NE from the campground and ends up at the picnic area? I rode it once last year. Just before the picnic area there are some steep stairs that beat my friend up pretty good.

Jeebs

Salad Days
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebs
    Nice pics parker! Did you ride up the road and bomb down the trail, or up and down the trail? I used to work as a guide at the cave. I'd ride the road in the morning to get the blood flowing, and get a nice singetrack decent when the day was done. Have you tried the new trail that heads NE from the campground and ends up at the picnic area? I rode it once last year. Just before the picnic area there are some steep stairs that beat my friend up pretty good.

Jeebs
    we rode up the trail to the NE, down to the picnic area, up the road to the visitors center, up to the caverns and then bombed back down. All were stellar. The only snow was at the end of the downhill by the picnic area. There is another trail that goes up from the picnic area to the visitors center, making a fully singletrack loop of about 6 miles and 1600 vert. We didn't notice it until we had climbed up the road.

stone cold lampin'
    we rode up the trail to the NE, down to the picnic area, up the road to the visitors center, up to the caverns and then bombed back down. All were stellar. The only snow was at the end of the downhill by the picnic area. There is another trail that goes up from the picnic area to the visitors center, making a fully singletrack loop of about 6 miles and 1600 vert. We didn't notice it until we had climbed up the road.
    Sweet buddy. That's a fun ride. I haven't tried the trail above the picnic area either. I think it was just finished sometime last summer. There was some talk about building trails to the north of the main road along an old mail route, but I don't think anything has materialized.

Salad Days
    Going again tomorrow, around 1 pm if anyone is interested and can take off on short notice.

mtbr member
    Hey JP. Would you mind giving some directions (as cryptic as you like) to that hotspring?

Salad Days
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-T
    Hey JP. Would you mind giving some directions (as cryptic as you like) to that hotspring?
    I tried to PM some, but you don't seem to be accepting email or personal messages.

mtbr member
    I tried to PM some, but you don't seem to be accepting email or personal messages.
    yeah, for some reason I probably never enabled those things whenever it was I joined.

try this address. and thanks by the way.

[email protected]

Members who have read this thread: 0