Lost River Turkey Day ride - 11 AM @ the Co-Op- Mtbr.com
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Lost River Turkey Day ride - 11 AM @ the Co-Op

From Tyler with Lost River:

The average American will gain 7 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas. IOC/LRCC has a sensible solution - join us on Thursday for our Pre-Bird Thanksgiving Day Ride. We'll leave the Boise Co-Op, 9th and Fort Streets, at 11 a.m. We'll have a road group . . . . and a mountain group (weather permitting on the trails). Anyone is welcome to ride with us. One request - if you bring friends who aren't familiar with the area, remember who invited them! A few years ago a cyclist invited an out-of-state friend on a cold Turkey Day. When we broke up into more intense/less intense groups, he joined the fastest group and left the responsibility for his friend to Sheree and I. Our thawing turkey was much warmer than us by the time we got back. Sheree has informed me she doesn't want to simulate a human popsicle again this year . . . . or I'll be the turkey! We usually ride for 90 minutes/two hours. Helmet required.

Good times last year on this ride. About 25 degrees in town when we left, under the blanket of the nasty inversion, but at the top of Corrals we broke through into the sweet blue skies and 50 degree temps. Shared a nice malt liquor at the top. (Goes well with turkey!)

Keeping the ol' fingers crossed we have some nice dry trails tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

gringo-fied facsimiles

Ahh yes..... i remember it well.

I remember seeing youz guysz rollin into cb as we ( the spudhucksters) were rollin out. it was quite the day to ride. couple pics, and one guy I will miss around here this thanksgiving, we miss you Brad!!
    I wish you all a great thanksgiving!

Surly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.bradwaltonphoto.com
    "you slow whitted rectal beltch" -sp

mtbr member
    All be in the parking lot at 11:00, but I'm going to do the road ride. I'll see some of you guys there hopefully.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Members who have read this thread: 0