Long Race

Printable View

• 10-24-2012
    locobaylor
    Long Race
    Are there many longer mountain bike races in this region? Like 40-50 mile races? I was thinking about the possibility of putting one on. Anyone know if these events get well attended?
  • 10-24-2012
    AlliKat
    Knobby tires:
    9-5 in boise early june -- 8 hour race
    Galena Grinder at Galena Lodge early july -- 45 mile
    Bogus Big Mountain Roundup at Bogus Basin, late july -- 40 mile

These races have good turnout.
  • 10-25-2012
    mtnbkrid
    Go for it, there aren't enough longer races in Idaho. Where were you thinking about putting it on?
  • 10-25-2012
    mzinn23
    what happened to the jug mountain ranch marathon race this year? i had planned on doing it and when I went to see their schedule it was gone this year.
  • 10-25-2012
    Howley
    Rumor has it the 16th Annual Boise to Idaho City MTB Tour
    June 15-16, 2013 will have a new Directeur Sportif.

Has never been timed in the past. 45 miles each way with overnight stay in Idaho City.
    Planning is underway for next year. PM me if interested in a competition class and I'll pass it on to the new Directeur.
  • 10-26-2012
    locobaylor
    Sweet, thanks for all the info. I was planning on putting it on in and around Pocatello.
  • 10-26-2012
    panchosdad
    The Pierre's Hole 50/100 in Teton Valley is in early August, might want to avoid conflicting with that.
  • 10-26-2012
    evasive
    The Butte 100 and Butte 50 is usually the last weekend in July. That's probably another event you might want to schedule around. I think most of the racers are still from within Montana, but with Tinker Juarez making it a signature race, its pull is growing.