A Lonely Lucky 12...- Mtbr.com
    King of the Barneys

A Lonely Lucky 12...

tonight.

I've been running 2 Tues group rides. A more intermediate challenging ride at 530, and the regular barney squad at 7, but tonight, for many reasons, or no reason, nobody showed! But me of course...

So the Gray Lady and I did both the rides. 1st ride I did all the close in climbs I could find, and realized I'd been off the SS too long! It was painful, standing up for an hour in the heat.

Second ride I did an extended Barney loop, and eventually came back to CB Park with the Barney cooler, and just the peace and quiet of my own exciting company and some cold ones. O well, still good to get after it, and for some reason managed to get interviewed by Channel 2 about the mosquito spraying tonight.

CDB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    You look lonely.

just a man

is the loneliest number, or so I've heard.

Sorry couldn't get out last night, super Agent Mrs. Parker was working another 1/2 day yesterday (12 hours!) showing houses and I was doing some kid patrol and working on the computer.

I'm riding right after work (around 4pm) if you (or anyone) wants to get out there. Looks cooler today per the meterologists.

Barneys Unite!

Can anyone do the Barney loop with you?

I would certainly be up for it some time, and I have a cooler, too.

TF

just a man

I think I can speak for CBro..

..that our rides are "all inclusive" meaning anyone can join. Check our feedback rating if need be, no one's been thumped in quite some time

Can you ride today around 5pm from CB Park?
    Last edited by Bombin4X; 08-23-2006 at 09:44 AM.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    That has to be the most sad and pathetic after-ride photo I've ever seen. Yet another post-of-the-year from CBro!
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Barneys Unite!

I can't tonight - yard work.

Wednesdays are usually a good day for me to ride, because I can get away from work a little early, but not tonight.

Thanks for the invite, though, and I will definitely take a rain check. It would be nice to put faces with names.

TF

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by TFloyd
    Wednesdays are usually a good day for me to ride, because I can get away from work a little early, but not tonight.

Thanks for the invite, though, and I will definitely take a rain check. It would be nice to put faces with names.

TF
    Not a problem, sounds good on the rain check. Just let me know~

Aug 2004
    Man oh man where has summer gone!?!?

I apologize for not keeping the tradition of Lucky 11 going on. Chalk it up to a number of excuses....work, other riding plans, other committments, blah blah blah. Those were fun....especially when we got a good crowd going. They were also good when it would just be a couple of us chillin' out.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Tuesday is almost always a rest/recovery/no riding night for me. I'd be up for a Lucky 11/12 on this Thursday night. I promise not to show my big hairy butt this time.

Belay, please get rid of Patrick Swayze. You're really creeping me out.

King of the Barneys
    Cue the music:

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to..."

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Tuesday is almost always a rest/recovery/no riding night for me. I'd be up for a Lucky 11/12 on this Thursday night. I promise not to show my big hairy butt this time.

Belay, please get rid of Patrick Swayze. You're really creeping me out.
    The Patrick Swayze picture is ridiculous, but so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh everytime I'm on (which apparently is all the time). Nick, if you're taking votes, I say leave it.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetflowersister
    The Patrick Swayze picture is ridiculous, but so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh everytime I'm on (which apparently is all the time). Nick, if you're taking votes, I say leave it.
    Good Christ, woman. Don't encourage the poor 2C-raised boy. It can only make matters worse. Next thing you know, Nick is going to be "dirty dancing" with some of those 2C sheep.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Drinking the good stuff

That picture of CB reminds me of the scene in Dodgeball where they are all sitting around mooping when coach Patches O'Houlihan explains, "I don't have to drink my own piss but I like it!" Hey CB is that jug of Gatoraid full of spent beer with a little foam or is it Brandi wine? Just kidding

Just glad to see you are getting out and enjoying a nice refreshment afterwards.

King of the Barneys
    The gatorade jug had a combo of Mirror Pond and Ricochet, which is my kind of post-ride recovery drink. Dumped it in there to avoid the no-glass park policy.

Haven't seen Brandi since she won the Supreme Court case... too busy celebrating and holding press conferences to ride, I guess. And that's just too busy.

CDB

mtbr member
    What do you mean Lucky 11/12/13? I have seen this come up, and am a little confused.

just a man

Sorry, it's a secret

Just kidding. Instead of visiting Lucky 13 pub (on 13th St....hence the name) a number of low-budget individuals gather at Camelsback Park for a post-ride, cooler-brought refreshment and possible BBQ session. This typically can occur near Heron and 11th or 12th Streets.

And there you have it, the enigma is no more.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    And, to add to what Bombin said, IMHO, it's more fun than Lucky 13 and a heck of a lot easier on the wallet. No the "scenery" isn't as good (especially when I decide to moon people after multiple cans of Schlitz), but it's a lot easier to hear people and have conversations.

That said, anybody up for L11 this Thursday evening?

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    And there you have it, the enigma is no more.
    Enigma. The enigma is not no more. The enigma is more. I find that Advil and moist towelettes help when it flares up (http://members.aol.com/MoistTwl/gallery.htm)

(I had to jump on that one before Visicypher grabbed it.)

mtbr member
    And, to add to what Bombin said, IMHO, it's more fun than Lucky 13 and a heck of a lot easier on the wallet. No the "scenery" isn't as good (especially when I decide to moon people after multiple cans of Schlitz), but it's a lot easier to hear people and have conversations.

SJ and I are always up for getting Lucky on Thursdays (or anytime during the week for that matter). We call it our Late AfterNOONER.

just a man
    I just might be able to make it for a change. You gotta try Ricochet in your PBR or SML. CBro's figured out this is a prime LPR concoction you can try later at home.

King of the Barneys

I can probably bring the baby bbq, can you bring the country music?

CDB

Barneys Unite!

Is there an approximate meeting time?

I have to work unitil 5:00, but I'm fairly close (down by St. Luke's).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro

CDB
    Alternatively, since EP, SJ, maybe Darryl will be starting off on Ada, we can all meet start and finish the ride at Lucky Ada and I'll provide the beer (I think I still owe you CBro) and the grill, and y'all provide the entertainment...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    You guys cooking up some schnitzengruben for the Bloods? I might have put in an appearance (unless I go GPSing with the Crips). What time?

Aug 2004

Of course this goes down when this dumbass is busting his ass at the store tomorrow night.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave

Of course this goes down when this dumbass is busting his ass at the store tomorrow night.
    call in sick dude! it's the american way...

King of the Barneys
    Some more options,

Cite the weather, like they do in baseball, only here, it's too nice out to work: "Work called on account of the weather."

Refer to your eyesight: "I just can't see myself working tonight..."

Your health: "I feel too good to work tonight, I'm going riding..."

Just some thoughts that might help.

CDB

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Twisted - I'll be heading up to Eastside with Meeker. Too bad all of you want BBQ at Bogus. It would be nice to actually ride with Senor Parker and everyone, but I have to work on that mapping data.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro

CDB
    Oh, you better believe it. Heck, even sweetflowerswayze has been been rocking out to that mix lately. (That is, when she hasn't been riding or drinking in LA LA land. )

just a man

Confused

OK, what is the deal with the white kids in the clown suits throwing up gangsigns? Is that 2C thing that I just can't understand or was there an N'Sync/Backstreet Boys/O-Town lookalike contest at the Fair this week?
    Last edited by Bombin4X; 08-24-2006 at 08:07 AM.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    OK, what is the deal with the white kids in the clown suits throwing up gangsigns? Is that 2C thing that I just can't understand or was ther an N'Sync/Backstreet Boys/O-Town lookalike contest at the Fair this week?
    Back on the 1960s they called it "radical chic". Nowadays it's "gangsta chic" but it's done by white suburban rich kids.

just a man
    I'd rather see what Twisted Chic looks like on these kids.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Isn't that Del Taco's "crew?" My guess is that he's the one with the blue glove, ala Michael Jackson.

Crips and Bloods unite.

mtbr member

yeah

Isn't that Del Taco's "crew?" My guess is that he's the one with the blue glove, ala Michael Jackson.

Crips and Bloods unite.
    and the dude on the far right is about to pass a loaf...

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    and the dude on the far right is about to pass a loaf...
    Must be related to Almer somehow.

King of the Barneys
    just young innocent youth gathering at the parrish to practice their sign language so they can reach out to deaf children, right??

CDB

Sep 2004
    Oh, you better believe it. Heck, even sweetflowerswayze has been been rocking out to that mix lately. (That is, when she hasn't been riding or drinking in LA LA land. )
    Don't forget crashing...the country mix is great. -sweetflowerswayzesirus (the BRS pic is ridiculous too, but I'm a big fan!!)

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Twisted - I'll be heading up to Eastside with Meeker. Too bad all of you want BBQ at Bogus. It would be nice to actually ride with Senor Parker and everyone, but I have to work on that mapping data.
    Almer: Check your hotmail. I sent you a picture you should look at. What time are you departing?

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Pictures from www.mulletjunky.com???? Schweet.

Riding at 5ish. Leave from Highlands School. We will do as you requested...except for the whip. We can chat with Dan about someother things.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Members who have read this thread: 0