Little Bit of Riding- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Little Bit of Riding

here are some pics from the last few days of mtn. biking. first pics are in boise; most of you should recognize the trails. the pic of the sweet table top was a kid up near the top of connie on saturday.. the cold/snow pics are from Elk Mtn in Stanley. yeah, it was a pretty miserable day. didn't help that i had a stomach virus going on yesterday during the ride. i vomited 3 times. big time. i thought i had a mild hangover..so, i thought i could ride through it. only had 3 beers saturday night...so, what i actually had was a crazy horrible stomach virus. glad it's over. i couldn't make it to work today.

anyway, enjoy the pics.

Last edited by garnetspur; 11-06-2006 at 05:19 PM.

roar
    Those are really nice pics! Thanks for the moment of Zen!
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Those ARE really nice pics, thanks

mtbr member
    oh yeah, trail conditions in stanley:

NOT FUN!

a friend of mine from back east is staying with us this month. we've shared many miserable rides together in the winter time in the mtns of western north carolina. so, this ride was no different in stanley. i wanted to show him some rides before the snow piled up.

the trails were not sticky muddy. just really, really soft. made for a really slow ride. when we could ride on some snow/ice, it was pretty nice. wet feet turned to cold feet. if it snowed or froze up, the trails would probably be rideable up to 7200 feet or so. maybe a little higher. snow looks thick at 8000 feet (+/- 200 feet or so).

Members who have read this thread: 0