Lemon Velvet at Tamarack - pics and video- Mtbr.com
    Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004

Lemon Velvet at Tamarack - pics and video

I'm wrapping up a season of building trail at Tamarack and wanted to share some pictures and a video if some trails at Tamarack. My only experience with DH riding is one day at Whistler last summer (B Line and Heart of Darkness only b/c of time constraints) and two trails in Smithers, BC, called Back Door to Town and Piper Down.

I started riding Tamarack in late May on my Heckler with SPD pedals.

Here's the video of Lemon Velvet. I have limited depth perception, and skinnies in particular can be challenging to me, as evidenced in the video. I ended up riding the feature three more times with no problems, though. Oh, Lemon Velvet is off of Smokejumper.

" width="549">

My buddy Jay on Hockey Mom

Jay on Show Low

Jay on Smokejumper

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    [QUOTE=dburatti]Here's the video of Lemon Velvet. I have limited depth perception, and skinnies in particular can be challenging to me, as evidenced in the video. I ended up riding the feature three more times with no problems, though.

Impressive! Thanks for posting the pics and vid. You certainly get persistence points. I'd need to have the Life Flight chopper waiting for me before I'd even try that.

HH

Fly fat ass fly !
    Heckler is an awesome bike bike dude . Put a 36 on it and your ready for almost anything . Nice pics too.
    By not allowing the progression of trails your cheating everyone out of their potential.
    DEITYCOMPONENTS.COM

just a man
    sweeet stuff - thanks for sharing. will have to wait until next season to attempt those new things...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFLA
    Heckler is an awesome bike bike dude . Put a 36 on it and your ready for almost anything . Nice pics too.
    Yes Dewayne, get rid of that Nixon!

From your boys at Pro Peak.

Ever back in the area swing by the shop and say hi! Have a good fall and winter!

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chileverde
    Yes Dewayne, get rid of that Nixon!

From your boys at Pro Peak.

Ever back in the area swing by the shop and say hi! Have a good fall and winter!
    Ha! Yeah, I'd like to upgrade the bike to a Nomad or something similar with a better fork, but my choice of profession is a labor of love, not of riches. I'll have to save a while for what I want.

I'm not sure when I'll be back in ID again. If I make it through, I'll definitely stop by Pro Peak. I leave for the Lost Coast Thursday evening via Boise, Portland and Newport, OR. Hopefully I'll be home around the beginning of November.

D

3WP
    Funkifized
    Nice pic's and vid D. See you back in Austin sometime. It was good riding at BCGB the other week. I will say these pics and vids are my kind of riding. No complaints though at least I can get out and ride.

Later, Dallas (the other D)

mtbr member
    I snuck away from work yesterday and rode Tammy without lifts. I hadn't been on the upper trails in a long time and wanted to see what Joey and crew have been up to. I ended up coming down Smokejumper- you can't really call it riding- I walked most of the big stuff. That $h!3 is crazy! I tucked my tail between my legs and headed back over to Super G, then Pura vida and los Azulejos.

Aug 2007

Good stuff, nice pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    sweeet stuff - thanks for sharing. will have to wait until next season to attempt those new things...
    CP,

you'll like Smokejumper and "Lemon Velvet". On that section, I was a little wigged at first about the skinny, but after some coaching from Ian I hit it,and it is super smooth into that berm.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 3WP
    Nice pic's and vid D. See you back in Austin sometime. It was good riding at BCGB the other week. I will say these pics and vids are my kind of riding. No complaints though at least I can get out and ride.

Thanks, Dallas. I'll be back in November. I'll be ready for some GB and CP action for sure! Oh, and Madrone, Flat Rock Ranch, and Government Canyon, too.

Later, Dallas (the other D)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    I snuck away from work yesterday and rode Tammy without lifts. I hadn't been on the upper trails in a long time and wanted to see what Joey and crew have been up to. I ended up coming down Smokejumper- you can't really call it riding- I walked most of the big stuff. That $h!3 is crazy! I tucked my tail between my legs and headed back over to Super G, then Pura vida and los Azulejos.
    Smokejumper will be awesome when it gets a season of snow and compaction on it. The NORBA DH course is supposed to either use some of it or start about where it ends at Bliss ski run and head all the way down to the bottom where the 4X course will be.

My fave trails are Pura Vida, Los AzuLejos, and Smokejumper. Rockstar is up there, too.

D

Members who have read this thread: 0