LBS: AERO Cyclos on West Emerald?- Mtbr.com
    TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

LBS: AERO Cyclos on West Emerald?

Speaking of LBSes:

Does NE1 know anything about AERO Cyclos on West Emerald? --> http://aerocyclos.com

Looks like they're mostly an Internet & phone order shop but I talked to a guy there this morning and it sounds like they have a storefront opening soon. From the web page it looks like they'll be reselling Surly, Salsa, Azonic, Banshee as well as bits and road bikes.

The funny thing is I've got some new neighbors who are roadies (haven't had a chance to chat them yet) that have got AERO Cyclos stickers all over their gear racks. I'd always wondered who AERO was.

Does any of you guys know anything more than that?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member

Not sure...

but I think your new neighbors own Aero. I was talking to the guy that used to live there (now lives behind Camelsback) and he said that the dude that bought his house owns the bike shop. Actually they had an Aero club meeting not too long ago at that house (I didn't go to it)...

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

AERO Cyclos

Hi,

I was looking at our webstats and noticed we got some referrals from the mtbr forum, so I found your posts and thought I'd reply. I'm the co-owner of AERO Cyclos. My name is Bob McMichael, and yep my wife and I moved to Crane Creek last October. We just opened our storefront, which is a staggering 411 square feet (including repair shop). But it's got a lot of stuff in it, including what's probably the biggest selection of wheels in town (road wheels mostly right now, but that will change soon). Until now, we've had only road frames, but by next Wednesday we'll have a number of the new Salsa frames and built bikes in the shop, including my new bike, the Dos Niner. We're having our grand opening on Friday, March 4th from 3-7 pm, and offering 10% off on anything in the store, including bikes & frames. We're not trying to compete with big box stores, so our inventory is less than impressive compared to George's or IMT, but we've got great suppliers and can get just about anything out there quickly. Plus, our overhead is a fraction of theirs, so we can beat their prices all day long. Unless you want a Trek or Cannondale (I'm not knocking those bikes...). Our website, which you've seen I guess, lays it out. If you want to check out the store before March 4th, it's a good idea to call first before heading over - we're at the tail end of our weird hours...

Since we're neighbors, stop by our house sometime. We'd like to meet you. Don't be put off by our "roady" appearance - my wife and I race both road and mountain.

Thanks,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Speaking of LBSes:

Does NE1 know anything about AERO Cyclos on West Emerald? --> http://aerocyclos.com

Looks like they're mostly an Internet & phone order shop but I talked to a guy there this morning and it sounds like they have a storefront opening soon. From the web page it looks like they'll be reselling Surly, Salsa, Azonic, Banshee as well as bits and road bikes.

The funny thing is I've got some new neighbors who are roadies (haven't had a chance to chat them yet) that have got AERO Cyclos stickers all over their gear racks. I'd always wondered who AERO was.

Does any of you guys know anything more than that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Am I correct in saying a guy named Brad used to own it? Either way, good to see some new bike life breathed into this town. First Big Bikes is sold (yea!) and now AERO Cyclos.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmikey
    Hi,

Since we're neighbors, stop by our house sometime. We'd like to meet you. Don't be put off by our "roady" appearance - my wife and I race both road and mountain.

Thanks,

Bob
    Welcome to the neighborhood! I'll stop by. Not only are you a neighbor where I live but you are now the LBS closest to where I work.

Please take no offense by the roady comment I made - road biking is something I've been meaning to take up ever since I got back into cycling a few years ago. I'm just in the process of building up my MTB stable right now.

I'd like to see that Dos Niner of yours!

--Dirk
    Last edited by TwistedCrank; 02-20-2005 at 10:48 AM.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.