Laramie & Green River Trails- Mtbr.com
    phatmanenfuego
    Jul 2007

New question here. Laramie & Green River Trails

Making my journey back to the homeland at the beginning of August. Picked up one all-consuming habit out here in California since I went to school in Laramie, Mountain Biking. From what I have read on the forums, I was missing out. What are the "Must Ride" Trails in the laramie area? We'll have about 4 days of riding, available transportation, albeit a car, since that is all the Bay Area really warrants.

Following Laramie, it's off to Green river for another 5 days to play in the Gorge. Really don't know if there are any trails out there, just kind of took off on the two tracks last year, looking for a something a little more technically challenging than where I was.

Girlfriend and I love fast flowy single track, with some technical areas thrown in. Probably 15-20 miles a day is what we're after (Well at least me, she doesn't want to get too tired to go bouldering at Veedawoo). Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

mtbr member
    In this order:

1.Curt Gowdy State Park (HWY 210 between Laramie and Cheyenne)
    2.Happy Jack
    3.Turtle Rock, and the rest of Vedauwoo area
    4.Something in the Snowys
    aa.Rock Creek!!
    a.Little Laramie Trails
    b.Corner Mountain Trails
    c.Barber Lake Trail (shuttle and connect with Corner Mountain)
    d.North Fork Trail (shuttle and connect through L.Laramie Trails)

There are trails in Green River here: http://balder.prohosting.com/greyhair/

Ride there and post back here. I'd like to hear what its like and if its worth a stop.

Members who have read this thread: 0