labor day ride..- Mtbr.com
    let freedom ring!

labor day ride..

Anyone interested in doing an early morning Labor Day ride? Any ideas are welcome.
    My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

just a man
    Maybe a little Table Rock spin ending with a nice Rock Islands session?

Aug 2004
    I'm heading up to Brundage next Monday if anyone is interested....

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    I'm heading up to Brundage next Monday if anyone is interested....
    Nick - Tentatively count me in on Monday at Brundage. I may actually have to eat my words and enjoy some lift-assisted riding.

Aug 2004
    Geoff...I'll be there from 10am - 5pm that day. Are you guys up in McCall for the weekend?

mtbr member
    I'd like to ride monday morning. The tablerock suggestion is interesting. I'll let you know.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Nick - Tentatively count me in on Monday at Brundage. I may actually have to eat my words and enjoy some lift-assisted riding.
    GB - There's no shame in lift-access considering all the climbing you've done this year. Just let go and have some fun big guy.

Do you guys like Brundage better than Tamarack? I ask because it seems like after my last trip to Tam I can't see paying more for a lift ticket and driving farther for Brundage when the trails at Tam were just so much more fun.

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Do you guys like Brundage better than Tamarack? I ask because it seems like after my last trip to Tam I can't see paying more for a lift ticket and driving farther for Brundage when the trails at Tam were just so much more fun.
    Tough call. I like both of 'em. I haven't been to Tam since last month and haven't been to Brundage since July. What I really like about Tam is that they have a shower in the Sports Dome you can use. C'mon...what's not to like about that?! Ehhh plus I got a free season pass through the store so I can't complain. I do wish that Tam had more variety in their trails, but Super G and some of the short trails that spur off of it are still fun.

Aw crap...now you have me reconsidering what to do on Monday. A farther drive up to Brundage plus having to shell out $20 for a pass or a shorter drive and not having to shell out $.......

EDIT

Apparently Brundage closed on the 27th....so Tamarack it is!!!
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 08-29-2006 at 08:08 AM.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Apparently Brundage closed on the 27th....so Tamarack it is!!!
    Nick, I think I'll pass on Tamarack's lift-assisted stuff. I'll probably stick to XC trails for the weekend - maybe 20 mile if it's clear (waiting to hear from georgezilla on the status of the trail) or the new trail from Ponderosa SP to Blackwell Lake and back down Crestline. Cinnoman monkey rode that trail this past weekend in the X-Terra Triathalon (taking 17th place overall in his first triathalon) and says it's more technical than most race courses he's ridden.

So, if anyone will be in McCall this weekend and wants to hook up for a ride or two, let me know.

Members who have read this thread: 0