Kristin Armstrong last night...- Mtbr.com
    King of the Barneys

Kristin Armstrong last night...

I just happened to hit the downtown Y last night after a ride, went into the 1st floor aerobic machines area and did spintervals fairly hard.

Limped upstairs, and found it was the night for the $$ fundraiser/spinning fest hosted by Kristin Armstrong. I jumped in, spun my guts out, (again) and got to enjoy her powerpoint and Q & A session, and visited with her a tad after it was over. What a gal. She does Idaho proud. You go girl!

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Hoops - Big and Small
    So does this make you a Strong Big Kid? I forgot all about this fundraiser, Dooh!

How was the attendance?

King of the Barneys
    Huge turnout by the looks of it. Quite the carnival atmosphere, with a well-dressed hawker at the door, t-shirts, water bottles, food, multi-media presentation, our very own celebrity.

A Y worker said they had over 70 spin bikes in there, and I was the last one seated, with maybe 3 or 4 in the back still empty. I recognized a few of the sweating roadies, but none of my homeys were there...Interesting,too, that a handful of the roadies brought their own bikes on trainers to the fest.

CDB
    Can you really call spinning, riding? Ahh, who cares.
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    May 2004
    i didn'teven know about this
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

Hoops - Big and Small

Indoor Training

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Can you really call spinning, riding? Ahh, who cares.
    I guess it's called being desperate - glad to hear you made it out on the trails last night.

I've found spinning to be effective if I listen to my body, this sounds weird I know but if I go hard when I want to, I tend to reach higher and go harder than if following the instructor. I always feel weird when the whole class is recovering and I'm going all out try to reach a new plateau.

mtbr member
    Interesting,too, that a handful of the roadies brought their own bikes on trainers to the fest. [
    weird.

King of the Barneys
    You wouldn't have liked it bro. All those gals in spandex, the movie, the t-shirt, the food, the riding, the 70's rock music. Nahhh, you didn't miss anything...

CDB
    fka thumper

mtbr member
    May 2004
    got me !
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

Lacticacid head
    You wouldn't have liked it bro. All those gals in spandex, the movie, the t-shirt, the food, the riding, the 70's rock music. Nahhh, you didn't miss anything...

CDB
    fka thumper

Ahhh nothing like the back row in a spin class,,, : thats a way to spend winter! Folks always think my camelback is an ox tank, and question my Helmet light, but hey I leave the helmet cam at home........
    www.lacticacidheads.com
    drop in, spin a spell~
    happy trails~

Hi!!!
    As of a couple of weeks ago per one of my riding buddies...Kristin was teaching a very early morning Spin class at the Y.

i didn'teven know about this
    This was sorta known this year since I did see a blurb here and there about it, but no where near what it was like last year when she did this.

Members who have read this thread: 0