just got to Boise- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

just got to Boise

I just moved to boise and was wondering if there are any "group" mountain bike rides? Or just anyone who wants to show me around the foothills area a little bit. Have ridden from camelsback and 8th st a couple of times by myself. I have been off my mountain bike about a year so admittedly I am a little slow right now.
    I will probably try to ride Wed, Thursday, and Friday since i haven't started working yet.
    Would appreciate any guidance or just some people to ride with.
    truitt

mtbr member
    Try the Barney Rides starting from the Military Reserve (parking lot next to the RC race track) every Thursday at 6pm. Look for a dude (CBro) with a stuffed Barney on the handlebar of his SS.

mtbr member
    Without a doubt, if you want to meet up with the best crew in town, it's the Thursday night Barney. Any speed, any skill, any age, any gender...as long as you are interested in FUN!

mtbr member
    Hey Coop....

If you're interested, I was going to go for a ride on Wed. morning (8 or 9 ish) before it gets too hot. I'd be happy to show you some of the trails near Rocky Canyon Rd. Send me a message if you're interested...I'm always happy to have someone to ride with (I'm pretty new to Boise myself).
    I've not been killed, only wounded...I'll just lie here a while and bleed, then rise again to fight another day.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Come and dig with the trail construction crews. You'll meet the people that build and maintain trails...and meet some of the most dedicated people around.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

blet drive
    coop i ride every day @ 230 is or so let me know if you want to get after it.. all so checkout the Boise bomb on google groups and my space for ride up dates and fun events
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    The reserve ride sounds interesting. Different ride each time or ?
    Idaho

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiserman
    The reserve ride sounds interesting. Different ride each time or ?
    We have a lot of repetition, but the turnout's always different. Some more different than others. I'll send an email out tonight, and hopefully remember to post here and to the Bomb group, since it's supposed to be 98 tomorrow evening.

Maybe we can resurrect the Barney Triathlons, where we get on our cruisers at the greenbelt, and Pedal, Jump and Splash!
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    May 2004

[quote=CBro]it's supposed to be 98 tomorrow evening. quote]

It is? It is?!!!
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Only 95F, but I've got the kids. Hopefully next week.
    Idaho

mtbr member
    Hey Coop27......

Good ride the other day...got to HOT for me too fast though! I'd like to do the shuttle ride from Bogus Basin on Sat. or Sun. if you're interested.

Let me know if you want to give it a go.......

Anyone else want to come along??

They only route I know is the one that you ride for the bogus to Boise Bonzai...if there is a better route (more single track), please let me know!
    I've not been killed, only wounded...I'll just lie here a while and bleed, then rise again to fight another day.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Where did you end up riding? I'm planning on joining the Thursday ride this week along with my wife.
    Idaho

Members who have read this thread: 0