idaho hot springs and singletrack?- Mtbr.com
    Coors, the american beer.

idaho hot springs and singletrack?

sup guys, i am always looking to ride new places and recently was looking around and found this

http://www.escapeadventures.com/tour...ings_idaho.htm

does anyone have any insight on these trails? Anyone wanna show an out of towner around? Was thinking on making the trip sometime this summer. Im from northern california, and have road tripped quite a bit, but my mountain biking is limited to california and arizona, so i would like to see what other states have to offer.
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Deadwood/Julie Creek is a 3000+ ft. climb on a 26-28 mile loop. In one direction, you'll gain 2500' in about 7miles. The other direction is more gradual, and has a dirt road climb...but more sand in the steepest singletrack sections.

As of today, we have snow from about 4500-5000 feet up. You'll have to wait a month, or more, to get to 6000 ft and higher.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    You can camp at Burgdorf campground, walk to Burgdorf hot springs (ooh! this pool is hot) and have several class ride close by like Loon Lake/Elk Meadows, Bear Pete, Duck Lake/Twentymile, etc.

Then you can hump it over to Stanley and do all the classics there and in Ketchum. There are plenty of hot springs there too - some are right on the Salmon River.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Hoops - Big and Small
    Counter clock wise is the best way to do this loop IMHO, I've only done it this way though.

These trails weave through some beautiful Cedar stands just out of the Deadwood campground (not a bad out and back day hike also).

I would hate to be post hole'n on this trails since it's basically on the side of a 1000 foot cliff midway to the Julie Creek junction.

Expect to see Moto riders if your there on a busy weekend, you'll run into them at the Julie creek junction more than likely.

King of the Barneys
    There's another long, interesting, fairly tough ride that either finishes or starts at Bonneville Hot Springs, (depending how you do it) and if you start at Bull Trout Lake, by B/HS, you can camp at Bull Trout Lake just this side of Banner summit. It's best ridden with a takeout vehicle, though, so you don't make it into a death march out and back.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Coors, the american beer.
    thanks for all the insight fellas
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

mtbr member
    The McCall area has a lot of hot springs and trails. Burgdorf CG and hot springs makes a good HQ for 3 rides- Loon Lake, Bear Pete, and 20 Mile. There are lots of other trails near there too, but those are the common ones. Near Donnelly there's Gold Fork Hot Springs that could combine with Eagle's Nest to make a good day. There are a bunch if you travel from McCall to Banks to Stanley and then to Ketchum.

King of the Barneys
    Eagle's Nest was a fun little ride we did last yr, with Flip & Barbie, myself and Alex, and some locals that helped us stay on track. Fire road up, and endless beautiful singletrack down. Pure and simple. You've certainly got the goods up there...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Hi!!!
    Hey Wayndar....what's your best guesstimation for Loon Lake opening up this summer?

mtbr member
    Loon is actually rideable relatively early- as soon as they plow Warren Wagon road- probably mid-May this year.