I am in shock.- Mtbr.com

Thread: I am in shock.

TERVOR THE GREAT

I am in shock.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/235/story/68957.html

This kid was in my history class all year up until today. I knew him pretty well too. Not like he was a friend of mine, but most certainly an acquaintance...

He seemed totally normal, and was always smiling, and was totally likeable. This is shocking.

I hope this post isn't too crappy, I'm like in shock right now.

Later,
    Trevor
    Last edited by DelTaco; 01-26-2007 at 08:50 PM.
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Bikes....can we just keep it about bikes...
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

TERVOR THE GREAT
    If I can't bring up a discussion about something major that happened locally, and you're going to make a negative comment about my doing so, then you should just delete the thread

Otherwise, let it go and see what happens. If it gets out of control, then shoot it down then.

Trevor

Hi!!!
    Not a good week in the Treasure Valley...today's front page of the Statesman has a story on the kid murdering his mom, the double ax murder in Nampa, and that 12 y.o. assaulting the 5 y.o. girl (that one pisses me off the most!).

Hoops - Big and Small

Bhaaa Bhaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Bikes....can we just keep it about bikes...

Visicypher - Do you feel like your becoming a sheep herder?

Obligatory bike content
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    and to think, none of them were in Caldwell. That makes me feel safe.
    Seriously, sorry Trevor, I cannot imagine how you must feel, but there are some people that just dont think about there actions before they act on impulses.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Not a good week in the Treasure Valley...today's front page of the Statesman has a story on the kid murdering his mom, the double ax murder in Nampa, and that 12 y.o. assaulting the 5 y.o. girl (that one pisses me off the most!).
    I was thinking the same thing. Bad week for Boise.

Bummer DelTaco. That's got to be a weird feeling.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    Damn Trevor,

You have posted this in every forum I have visited today...

Still scary none the less. It is bound to happen here at my school. Not only being at a school in Arizona, but the fact that it is a school for troubled kids.
    '06 Specialized Demo 8 II * '10 Specialized Pitch Pro * '09 Haro Steel Reserve * '70's Guerciotti SS

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod7219
    and to think, none of them were in Caldwell. That makes me feel safe.
    Seriously, sorry Trevor, I cannot imagine how you must feel, but there are some people that just dont think about there actions before they act on impulses.
    It was not just a case of incredibly poor judgement. Turns out he was diagnosed with psychotic disorder just recently, but was deemed a low risk. I remember seeing him at the school psychologists office several times as well. I'm not entirely sure which disorder it was, but the entire category of psychotic disorders is very serious. It's just so saddening that this whole thing happened.
    He ended a person's, essentially ruined his, and adversely effected so many others.

Trevor

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Trevor,

your post has bike content in it from the start - you used the word Shock.
    Anyway, I know you're trippin bro; it's a terrible thing, obviously and nothing good can come of it.

About twenty-seven years ago, I was living with my family in Lakewood, Ca. a suburb about 30 miles south of Los Angeles. Our next door neighbors, had a girl, and two sons: One who was trying to get into med school and the other just an 8 year old kid having fun, playing with the neigbor kids.

One night, my Dad heard a muffled shot from his bedroom window. Not long after the lady was outside screaming and hysterical. It turns out that the older son was rejected from a medical school so decided to kill his brother and then himself. He left a note, he wanted to "spare his brother all the pain and letdowns of this life".

My Mom called the police and reported the murder/suicide. Within about 10 mintues there were like thirty police cars on our street, and the whole thing just tripped me out.

The next day, kicking back against the seawall on the beach after our first surf, someone had a radio on and that story came on and we told the people around us that was our neihbors.

I feel for ya man. It'll pass, dog, but you won't ever forget. Go ride your bike and have fun!

Hey also, I'm glad you're on here man - adds freshness to a place sometimes too stiff with us crusty old souls!

Murder, I just don't understand how someone can cross the line unless they truly, truly do not know what they are doing.

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Murder, I just don't understand how someone can cross the line unless they truly, truly do not know what they are doing.
    My thoughts exactly. No sane person would kill another human being. Period.

Especially in the way that he did. It was so gruesome that she was not even able to be positive ID'd initially. It's not as though he was in a fight with his mom and took it too far; he came in when she was sleeping and brutally murdered and mutilated his own mother.

There's obviously some serious issues there. It's just so strange, because he seemed so normal. I mean smiling all the time, easy to get along with, and in general very liked. When I first heard the rumors, I though they were just that. Vicious untrue rumors.

I'm still just shocked and appalled at the whole thing.

Trevor

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    DelTaco,
    When I was 16, (many, many moons ago) my best friend killed himself. At times, people do things that do not make sense, are hurtful and horribly selfish. Personally I think anyone who kills someone else or take their own life would have benefited from professional help and probably gave off subtle signs that something was wrong. The problem is that mental illness in the US makes you a deviant, rather than someone dealing with a serious medical condition. As a result, those suffering from mental illness will go to great lengths to hide their torment.
    I'm glad this board (I'm a lurker, not normally a poster) is giving this young man a chance to deal with his grief and confusion. (THAT IS WHAT COMMUNITIES DO) I hope this experience will compel everyone to view mental illness in a different light. The young man who murdered his mother was obviously REALLY disturbed, lost and angry. As a society we need to be more compassionate and help others before a life is lost.
    DelTaco,
    Please understand that a 16 year old who kills his mom, or a 12 year old who beats the heck out of a 5 year old have serious mental issues. Things would NOT be different if you were the best person on earth and befriended every person who is in pain. Sometime things are out of your control, but living your life to the best of your ability and being an advocate for those suffering from mental disease CAN make the world a better place.
    I wish you the best and pray that you don’t run me over on the trails… I run FAR more than I bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0